06 civic resting voltage?

[quote name='Full Tilt']Why are you opposed to external regulation? It's a relatively easy fix.[/QUOTE]

I'm not? I just didn't know if I'd be able to add one on my dc alt or not.

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']@myjaja; just spend the 125 bucks and charge at 15.1[/QUOTE]

Are they adjustable? Because I don't think my xs power d3100 batteries would like resting at 15.1? Maybe if I can adjust it to 14.8?

[quote name='jaeguerra909']15.1 yes but he is internally regulated so his alt is at a set point and dx usually does 14.3 so currently its not like he can squeeze much more if he wassss to externally regualte then yes he could charge at 15.1 and would be a great difference[/QUOTE]

On the dc website, it says my alternator should be doing 14.8. I also spoke to the distributor whom I bought the alt from and he told me that it should have an external regulator somewhere?

Are they adjustable? Because I don't think my xs power d3100 batteries would like resting at 15.1? Maybe if I can adjust it to 14.8?

On the dc website, it says my alternator should be doing 14.8. I also spoke to the distributor whom I bought the alt from and he told me that it should have an external regulator somewhere?
Lol yea I believeee mine says a higer voltage as well on their website but when I went down there they said my set voltage is 14.3 so they lieeee haha jk just externally regulate and ur limitless to voltage..incase u wanted to do different batts its all ways a good option I plan to do it to mine

Yes they are fully adjustable .I run my car at 15.1 no issues with my dekas

If you can do math, then you will know it does. Whether that difference is heard is debatable, but if he's metering it can make a noticeable difference. Plus, you're farther away from that low voltage zone you don't want to be at.
If he's burping it will make little to no difference as he's drawing from the batts. 30sec music avg then yes that .3v could make a little diff...

Farther away from low voltage zone makes no diff "if" his electrical can't maintain that level. Doesn't matter where he starts out at...

If he's burping it will make little to no difference as he's drawing from the batts. 30sec music avg then yes that .3v could make a little diff...
Farther away from low voltage zone makes no diff "if" his electrical can't maintain that level. Doesn't matter where he starts out at...
I would be doing 30 second averages so any little thing would help.

I would be doing 30 second averages so any little thing would help.
Need a strong batt bank then to try and keep voltage up for 30 seconds since you don't have multiple alts...

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

I don't think I can run it any higher than 14.6 if I was to do the external regulator unless I get the 14 volt batteries. I read up a bit and people are saying the batteries would start releasing the internal gasses and would damage it with voltage above 14.6
With xs batts that is probably true. My Dekas will see 15.3v on cold days with no issues, 15.1v at start up in the summer...

I don't think I can run it any higher than 14.6 if I was to do the external regulator unless I get the 14 volt batteries. I read up a bit and people are saying the batteries would start releasing the internal gasses and would damage it with voltage above 14.6
Bulllshit .I charge at 15.1 for over a year no problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.