What can I get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hello Guys, I am getting frustrated with the voltage drops and all that.

1- I want to know what's the maximum RMS in amplifier power can my alternator (200Amp alternator at idle it produces 100-125 amp and 1 xs power d3100 battery at the trunk) handle without getting those voltage drops?

2- How can I calculate this?

(If you need more details in the system, it's on my signature)

Thank you.

Hello Guys, I am getting frustrated with the voltage drops and all that.
1- I want to know what's the maximum RMS in amplifier power can my alternator (200Amp alternator at idle it produces 100-125 amp and 1 xs power d3100 battery at the trunk) handle without getting those voltage drops?

2- How can I calculate this?

(If you need more details in the system, it's on my signature)

Thank you.
What are you dropping to?

I mean it depends on what you're running. I would say 2.5-3k would be the max range I would go to with that electrical. If you are having severe voltage drop with power at this level right now I would assume that you have a bad ground. I assume you know how to set a gain properly so just let us know what's up and we can get you where you want to be.

My voltage drops to low 12v and the thing is that my amplifiers sometimes cut off when they are at loud volumes.

My voltage drops to low 12v and the thing is that my amplifiers sometimes cut off when they are at loud volumes.
Yea something is wrong ...is it shutting off or going into soft protect? I suspect incorrect set gains or a bad ground . Start there then if you still have a issue maybe time for a agm under the hood or another 3100 in back

Yea something is wrong ...is it shutting off or going into soft protect? I suspect incorrect set gains or a bad ground . Start there then if you still have a issue maybe time for a agm under the hood or another 3100 in back
A bad ground connection while do this that bad? How can I correctly check if the ground is good?

A bad ground connection while do this that bad? How can I correctly check if the ground is good?
A bad ground connection can do horrible things..you can read up on how to check ground resistance with a dmm..and make sure all connections are tight and paint is sanded to bare metal

Since you don't have a frame rail to ground to your chassis at best is likely supporting current flow equal to a 4 awg OFC cable. Since you're having voltage drop problems I suggest adding a 1/0 awg OFC ground cable from your existing amplifier ground spot to the same place your battery up front is grounded to the body.

Anybody know the best place to do the grounds in the rear of my car(2002 Nissan Maxima)?

How can I calculate the amount of RMS amplifier power that an alternator can handle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know the best place to do the grounds in the rear of my car(2002*Nissan*Maxima)?

How can I calculate the amount of*RMS*amplifier*power*that an alternator*can handle??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

argenis69

10+ year member
SQ Bass Lover
argenis69
NY, USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date