06 civic resting voltage?

I have a 2006 honda civic and have a dc power 270xp alternator with 3 xs power d3100 batteries in the rear. I did the big 3, and even unplugged the eld and fixed some pulleys that was restricting it as well. I managed to get my resting voltage up to 14.1 cold which is a whole lot better than when I got the car. So my question is how can I get my voltage up even higher than that without an external regulator? Why is it only sitting at 14.1?

Could bw what dc regulated it to charge at I only cold charge at 14.3 on my 97

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

It really shouldn't matyer much if u charge higher then that any ways ur only running 12 volt setup just beef up the electrical

Could bw what dc regulated it to charge at I only cold charge at 14.3 on my 97 

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

It really shouldn't matyer much if u charge higher then that any ways ur only running 12 volt setup just beef up the electrical
what are you trying to achieve by bringing it up a little?14.1 vs 14.4ish isn't much of a difference.
It does matter. Higher input voltage equals higher output voltage. Simple.

So u truly think a few 10ths will make a difference lol were not talking a whole 2 volts
If you can do math, then you will know it does. Whether that difference is heard is debatable, but if he's metering it can make a noticeable difference. Plus, you're farther away from that low voltage zone you don't want to be at.

With a ext reg he can charge at 15.1..vs 14.1 thats substantial
15.1 yes but he is internally regulated so his alt is at a set point and dx usually does 14.3 so currently its not like he can squeeze much more if he wassss to externally regualte then yes he could charge at 15.1 and would be a great difference

15.1 yes but he is internally regulated so his alt is at a set point and dx usually does 14.3 so currently its not like he can squeeze much more if he wassss to externally regualte then yes he could charge at 15.1 and would be a great difference
You **** so bad at typing that I can't tell if "dx" was a typo or you meant to type it. If it was a typo, I assume you mean "DC". DC's generally sit in the upper 14's. My 270XP charges at 15.2V when it's cold outside, and rests no lower than 14.7V. If you meant to type "dx", what do you mean?

You **** so bad at typing that I can't tell if "dx" was a typo or you meant to type it. If it was a typo, I assume you mean "DC". DC's generally sit in the upper 14's. My 270XP charges at 15.2V when it's cold outside, and rests no lower than 14.7V. If you meant to type "dx", what do you mean?
Im on my phone and my keyboard is very Inaccurate but yes I meant dc and when I talk to dc every single time they say they like to regulate them for 14.3 I live mext to them so speak to them a lot they are actually against high voltage charging thats why they stayed away from external regulators but u guys all demanded it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.