05 sebring install

doing it that way do you have any issues with water dripping down on the speaker though? i like the facvt that the baffles have the edge on top to stop water from driping onto the back of the cone and onto the coil

ripped all my equipment out of the old car and started putting it in the new one. ran both sets of rca's, the right side woofer and tweeter wires and the remote turn on to far.

started the amp rack also, it will house the rear battery behind the amps, the clarion amp will be angled above the hifonics amp which will be mounted vertically. not much room left in my trunk which is what i dont want but o well. i think music/bass is more important anyway.

yayocomputerpictures077.jpg

yayocomputerpictures079.jpg

yayocomputerpictures072.jpg

yayocomputerpictures076.jpg

edit also what is the best wood to make pannels that cover the amp with? ive used some weird 1/8" veneer i think on my old car but was wondering what some of you guys use?

did a little more, got the amp rack roughed out and most of the wires ran. just need to wire everything up install my isolator and headunit and then make a trim panel and its done.

yayocomputerpictures087.jpg

yayocomputerpictures089.jpg

got the tweeter pods glassed, kind of rough still only rasped the first layer of bondo still need to sand and fill in the low areas.

any suggestions on what color i sh ould paint them?

yayocomputerpictures090.jpg

yayocomputerpictures091.jpg

everything is abssicially installed now just need to finish the tweeter pods. the wiring will be fixed just ran them to make sure everything worked and i wanted to listen to it. dont have the rear batt hooked up to the front so only hearing at 11.5v or so but its louder then my old rear firing setup i think.

yayocomputerpictures097.jpg

yayocomputerpictures093.jpg

yayocomputerpictures099.jpg

heres a short vid, camera didnt really catch anything kinda dark but gives you guys an idea.

anyone in the philly area with a TL can you pm me or say somethign here trying to see what numbers it hits once done.

Looks good, but hopefully you are going to clean up that rats nest you have going on in the trunk.
yea i dont even have the tweeters wired intot he crossovers or the amps screwed down, just wanted to listen to it really got a little ahead of myself ha

I really like those fiberglass tweeter pods. I have my tweeters mounted to the A-pillers, but I would like to do something like that with mine.

tweeter pods almost complete, second coat of primer, gonna wetsand it again and maybe do another still see a few imperfections.

yayocomputerpictures100.jpg

yayocomputerpictures103.jpg

first coat of color, i think im gonna keep it this color bit unsure doesnt really go along with anything else though but i like it

yayocomputerpictures107.jpg

yayocomputerpictures109.jpg

edit o ya for the little imperfections i cant really get out this is only my second time fiberglassing anything like this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Crzy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Crzy
Doylestown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date