4 Assassin 8's in single cab GMC

gsuchyta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
1994 GMC Sierra 1500 with 4 8" Assassins powered at 2 ohms by an Autotek mm1400.1. Each sub is seeing just under 300 watts. Box is 2.9 cu. ft. tuned to 35 hz. with 3 3" aeros.

The Truck

018.jpg

This is where the box is going

017.jpg

The Aero ports

015.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

012.jpg

This is my friend's box build I helped him with. Turned out pretty badass. I will get some pictures of the box because we carpeted it and trimmed the ports down because it was tuned too low.

sorry i didnt see it was 35hz at the top, my bad. anyways do you think that is high enough for 8's? I dunno i have never owned a pair. let me know how they sound tho. Alot of my friends own single cab trucks and im the "installer" so they will be asking me for sub recomendations as the summer progresses

sorry i didnt see it was 35hz at the top, my bad. anyways do you think that is high enough for 8's? I dunno i have never owned a pair. let me know how they sound tho. Alot of my friends own single cab trucks and im the "installer" so they will be asking me for sub recomendations as the summer progresses
single 10 or 12 ported usually is the wtg imo. i always had a single 12 in my truck. its cheaper to do single subs then mutliples subs. but i did condiser 2 10s or 2 8s, but always stuck with the single 12

Yeah we had it tuned lower and then cut the ports down to tune it higher. IMO I think it still needs to be tuned higher because it still hammers the lows and gets **** loud. Louder than I thought. I am very pleased with it. It looks very good now that it's carpeted and you can't even tell he has a system that is until he turns some tunes on, which is the coolest thing I think. Yeah if I were to do another build for a truck I would do a 12 or maybe 2 tens. I wanted to do it downfiring though and we got a sick deal from Ascendant Audio on those 8's which the bottom of the box is only 8.5" wide and 4.5" at the top and a whopping 62" across. I will def. need to get some videos of this up on here. I think yall will be surprised at how much flex these 4 8's produce. Now I just need to get him a better head unit lol!

You can see in the 4th pic from the top where I had to trim the acutal front baffle down so the basket and motor structure would fit. If he wants to go bigger in the future then we'll build another box for 8 of these bad boys and throw some power on 'em. The ports come out right behind your head which I think is pretty cool

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.