05 sebring install

Crzy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
started the build on my 05 sebring i just got.

equipment will be the same that is in my sig just transplanting it from the grand am to the sebring.

gonna do a port front sub front setup sealed from the trunk.

its a little rough int he pictures but since them have taken a flush bit to the edges. still need to make a cage aroudnt he box so it doesnt slide around, run all of the wires, fiberglass the sails, and make an amp rack will ahve lots of pictures as the build continues. any constructive criticism is welcome always down for new ideas

yayocomputerpictures037.jpg

yayocomputerpictures039.jpg

yayocomputerpictures044.jpg

good plan. you might gain or loose SPL though, some cars it works, some cars it does not, in theory however, that is a great idea, i hope it works for you!!!

that was what i was worried about. i need trunk space for goign back and forth to school so i figured it be more practical this way. hope i dont suffer a loss in spl though

took some more pics, the panel is all finished now i guess cant th ink of anything else to do to it. the top peices are nto touching but when attached inside the car everything mates up just fine

yayocomputerpictures047.jpg

yayocomputerpictures048.jpg

yayocomputerpictures049.jpg

yayocomputerpictures050.jpg

its gonna be painted the same black as the box in the first pictures. amp rack will probably be painted the same satin black also

at the top there is like an inch or two and at the bottom around 9-10 inches. havnt measured it just been eyeing that part too make sure there is enough room for the subs to move

do you guys think it will be beneficial to use weatherstripping along where the sub meet the baffle? i am going to use great stuff to fill in the rest of the smaller holes in the rear deck to make sure the trunk is completely sealed off. woudl the weather stripping be a waste of time and money, or would it help

cant really go any further on the baffle or start an amp rack since everythign is still in my other car. this car isntt goign to be on the road for a few weeks so kinda slow going at this point

made a few things though. these were head bolts, put a cross section on top and dimpled the head of the bolt to hold the bar in. these will be holding my box to the baffle

yayocomputerpictures051.jpg

yayocomputerpictures052.jpg

then i pulled the front doors off, i thoguht they had 6.5's behidnt hem but they were 6x9's. had to mod the bafffle to get my jbl p650c's to fit. would you guys think its beneficial to seal these pods off with another peice on the back?

does the same concept go for midbass drivers as it does subs? that freeair is not that great. the doors are pretty open and not really deadend all that well nor am i going to due to lack of funds. so would the best way to get the best sound i can be to seal off the pods?

yayocomputerpictures054.jpg

yayocomputerpictures057.jpg

yayocomputerpictures058.jpg

yayocomputerpictures059.jpg

yayocomputerpictures060.jpg

yayocomputerpictures062.jpg

yayocomputerpictures063.jpg

cant really go any further on the baffle or start an amp rack since everythign is still in my other car. this car isntt goign to be on the road for a few weeks so kinda slow going at this point
made a few things though. these were head bolts, put a cross section on top and dimpled the head of the bolt to hold the bar in. these will be holding my box to the baffle

yayocomputerpictures051.jpg

yayocomputerpictures052.jpg

then i pulled the front doors off, i thoguht they had 6.5's behidnt hem but they were 6x9's. had to mod the bafffle to get my jbl p650c's to fit. would you guys think its beneficial to seal these pods off with another peice on the back?

does the same concept go for midbass drivers as it does subs? that freeair is not that great. the doors are pretty open and not really deadend all that well nor am i going to due to lack of funds. so would the best way to get the best sound i can be to seal off the pods?

yayocomputerpictures054.jpg

yayocomputerpictures057.jpg

yayocomputerpictures058.jpg

yayocomputerpictures059.jpg

yayocomputerpictures060.jpg

yayocomputerpictures062.jpg

yayocomputerpictures063.jpg
I also would like to hear some opinions on the doors. I have a sebring as well, doors are deadened and sealed but there is no mid bass. I have a set of germaniums so I was expected some good sound quality, buts its quite dissapointing. I think its because of the location of where they are mounted. Would door pods help any?

how did you mount ur speakers inside the door? a similar way? if so does the speaker have any trouble fitting between the door and the panel without hitting the backside of the door pannel.

if that doesnt make sense i mean does the surround of ur midbass drivers hit the inside of ur door pannel when playing at high volumes?

I made a custom baffle out of 3/4 MDF, and Im not even using that plastic baffle that the stock 6x9's came with. I also mounted the MDF baffle on a half inch of modeling clay, and I have no issues with the speaker touching the door panel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Crzy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Crzy
Doylestown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date