05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

Yup, thats the one big downside to the 9887....the Parametric EQ is very limited...unfortunately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thats why I had considered the 880 at first. However, I can get by with the 9887's EQ since I love the layout of the deck, Im also liking the crossover and t/a as well..

Yup, thats the one big downside to the 9887....the Parametric EQ is very limited...unfortunately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Thats why I had considered the 880 at first. However, I can get by with the 9887's EQ since I love the layout of the deck, Im also liking the crossover and t/a as well..
Yea I always wanted to run an alpine for the longest time. Liked the looks and feel of the older ones I got to fiddle around with. Definitely love the deck and alpine products, never really been a big fan of the pioneer's but looks like in the future I will be looking for something different. Before I decided to do the computer build I was gonna run a W205/H701 combo, had the W205 and woulda been good but ended up changing things up.

Oh well live and learn and try new things lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I am using this screen here, Shark 10.4" touchscreen the price goes up and down I would say weekly if not daily. I snagged it down around $180 which I think was pretty much the cheapest I have seen it, and it was originally $215 about a year or so ago. 7" Lilliput would be a good choice for sure.

The PSU I got is this
i have the same screen, got it for the same price you paid as well a while back. i need to build the PC for the mini cooper soon...i may PM u later about some questions as far as the PSU goes

Yea I always wanted to run an alpine for the longest time. Liked the looks and feel of the older ones I got to fiddle around with. Definitely love the deck and alpine products, never really been a big fan of the pioneer's but looks like in the future I will be looking for something different. Before I decided to do the computer build I was gonna run a W205/H701 combo, had the W205 and woulda been good but ended up changing things up.
Oh well live and learn and try new things lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Yep, I was originally gonna go with the pioneer but decided against at the last second just cause I didnt want to have a rca ground loop issue.

But I think Im gonna pick one up once I get my truck goin and swap the 9887 into the truck.

The computer came out really nice bud.

Look forward to your review on the new mags. Looks like you will have many options with the 3 boxes you are building. Keep up the good work mang!

I need to find a good tunner as well. I **** at it!

i have the same screen, got it for the same price you paid as well a while back. i need to build the PC for the mini cooper soon...i may PM u later about some questions as far as the PSU goes
PM'ed ya back. Looking forward to seeing what ya get done.

Yep, I was originally gonna go with the pioneer but decided against at the last second just cause I didnt want to have a rca ground loop issue.
But I think Im gonna pick one up once I get my truck goin and swap the 9887 into the truck.
Yea for a while I was looking long and hard at em, but still just really wanted to at the least try an alpine. Gonna be a while before I get the chance to upgrade though, maybe just keep my eyes peeled on the classifieds.

The computer came out really nice bud.
Look forward to your review on the new mags. Looks like you will have many options with the 3 boxes you are building. Keep up the good work mang!

I need to find a good tunner as well. I **** at it!
Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The computer is definitely pretty fun but most certainly a full time hobby in and of itself. I can see how its not for everyone and maybe not fully for me lol. Its fun and all but does take a bit of fine tuning to get up and running fully. Like I kept having a little pop up telling me that my touch screen drivers weren't installed (even though the screen worked.) Then when I went to install the drivers to get rid of the pop up the touchscreen stopped working. So getting rid of that one little pop up instead of simply ignoring it like I had for a few weeks ended up taking me about 30 minutes of fooling around with drivers lol.

Yea may take a little while but I will most certainly be posting plenty of pics of them when I first get them in and initial comments. Then start some of the good audible reviews as I get the boxes built.

Yea it was really sweet, and best of all instead of just simply getting it tuned I learned a ton and hopefully will be able to tune on my own eventually.

PM'ed ya back. Looking forward to seeing what ya get done.

Yea for a while I was looking long and hard at em, but still just really wanted to at the least try an alpine. Gonna be a while before I get the chance to upgrade though, maybe just keep my eyes peeled on the classifieds.

Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The computer is definitely pretty fun but most certainly a full time hobby in and of itself. I can see how its not for everyone and maybe not fully for me lol. Its fun and all but does take a bit of fine tuning to get up and running fully. Like I kept having a little pop up telling me that my touch screen drivers weren't installed (even though the screen worked.) Then when I went to install the drivers to get rid of the pop up the touchscreen stopped working. So getting rid of that one little pop up instead of simply ignoring it like I had for a few weeks ended up taking me about 30 minutes of fooling around with drivers lol.

Yea may take a little while but I will most certainly be posting plenty of pics of them when I first get them in and initial comments. Then start some of the good audible reviews as I get the boxes built.

Yea it was really sweet, and best of all instead of just simply getting it tuned I learned a ton and hopefully will be able to tune on my own eventually.
Sounds good mang! I for one would never even try a car PC, because I el sucko at regular PC's, lol !So you are one up on me in reguards to that.

Look forward to the pics and good luck!

Sounds good mang! I for one would never even try a car PC, because I el sucko at regular PC's, lol !So you are one up on me in reguards to that.
Look forward to the pics and good luck!
you are an idiot.

lol jk

im trying to be like mobious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Guess a slight update. No major tangible progress but a few things have happened.
First off, Mags should be at my doorstep this coming Wednesday (according to UPS tracking numbers so its totally legit) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif

Also I had some good tuning done by someone who actually knows what they are doing lol. He spent 2 hours listening and tuning and teaching, was VERY useful and hopefully it will help me on the path to understanding what I am listening too and who knows MAYBE some day competing in some IASCA or similar comps.

With a good boost around 63hz the SR6500's really come to life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Even in the undeadened doors there is a great deal of midbass. The sound is leaps and bounds over what I had before, I fiddled with time alignment but never really got into equilizing the whole system. This is also where we found a MAJOR downside to the 9887, the 5 band PEQ is pretty stupidly limited. Either way I am loving the components even more so now and can't wait to get the system rouneded out with the subs and at least then have a "complete" system and can focus on the install and then thinking about upgrading/adding gear.

Wouldn't be a good update if I didn't have any pictures. So here is what I got.

Got the Center console pulled from the truck to gut it and take measurements and see what I really have to work with.

DSC01937.jpg

Currently, I am looking at simply removing the lower cushion and just replacing it with a sub box and maintaining the upper console portion. Would be sweet to add a sub and maintain full use of this as a middle seat but I don't really see that happening.

DSC01938.jpg

Great part of trucks, Built in workbench //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DSC01942.jpg

Back together minus the lower cushion.

DSC01944.jpg

So not looking like I have much room to keep this simple. The rails bolt to the lower metal pan as well as the arms to the upper console, which isn't what I was hoping. To ditch the lower pan and make a nice downfiring box I will either need to cut the pan, or attach the rails to the box and the upper console to the box and replace the pan. OR build the box, attach the console to the box and then figure out a way to bolt the entire assembly to the floor of the truck.

From what I can tell I have about 2.15ft^3 for the entire enclosure, not interior volume but the volume the enclosure can occupy. I really want to do a downfiring box since it will allow the sub to load off the floor, plus I want to direct it towards the front of the truck. I plan on building at the very least 3 boxes. One will hold both subs without much regard to overall size of the box but just to get both subs in the truck. Another will be more of a stealth minimal build for a single sub and see if I can maybe get something that will completely allow use of the center seat. The third is something I stumbled on a little while ago and still learning about.

This is a quick sketch I did for the 3rd design.

isobaricbox.jpg

For most this is probably not a new concept, but for me it is. I read about 4 pages of discussion on why this style box was used in a Dodge ram for a pair of JBL WGTi 10's. These subs also required 1ft^3 as the mags do. This design is a planar loading isobaric box (at least as I read it.) This will allow me to cut in half the required sealed volume for the single sub and the second sub will essentially be free air. This allows for the output to be directed towards the front of the truck as well as be downfiring and make for a fairly cool looking build with some plexi and such.

This also cuts the output to be equivalent to a single woofer though. The secon sub is wired in revers polarity of the sealed sub so that they will work in unison through the upper coupling chamber. The second sub will have sort of a shroud around it to direct the output towards the floor and then out towards the dash.

Oh well, those are my thoughts and updates. I would love to hear more ideas/thoughts/criticism on the box design and what not. I am thinking of sealing the output from the rear and sides of the console and forcing all output to head towards the front instead of just general downfiring in all directions. These are all thoughts and stuff I will have to experiment with or hopefully maybe get some direction from people who have more knowledge than me.
Very cool on the center console idea. There is a dood over on f150online that did the same, console box with the top piece of the console still attached/working.

Been thinking about doing the same only putting my two batteries in a box replacing the bottom part of the mid seat/console, but still having the top attached.

Good **** man

Very cool on the center console idea. There is a dood over on f150online that did the same, console box with the top piece of the console still attached/working.
Been thinking about doing the same only putting my two batteries in a box replacing the bottom part of the mid seat/console, but still having the top attached.

Good **** man
Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm hoping it will work out well.

That sounds like a pretty good idea there, would leave plenty of room for a pair of good sized batteries. I am thinking if I ever have to add batteries I am gonna try and make a box to go along the passenger side frame rail tucked up under the bed skin ahead of the back tire. I got plenty of room with my crew cab long bed along the frame rails lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

They Are Here!!!!!

I know people have seen all the prototype pics, but these are my subs dog gawn it.

Onto the Strip show

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

They make a cute couple lol.

DSC01967.jpg

and pretty shallow to boot.

DSC01968.jpg

Yes I know they aren't the best looking specially with the basket and all but they seem to be pretty nicely built and all. Bout 25lbs apiece.

Will have to see how they fit into the truck and all, probably won't be able to get to that until this weekend though. May have to whip up a small test enclosure just to try em out and see how they sound/break em in. Then when I get time, get a good start on designing and incorporating the other 3 boxes into the center console.

thanks guys. Really nice to finally have them in my hands for sure. Hopefully at least get a little box whipped up in the few hours after work this week. Will have to pick up some more speaker wire and such at some point though. Hopefully get them in and bumping by the weekend though. Will be a while before its permanent though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Can't wait to hear them, its been a while since I have had subs, so will sure be nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.