04 GRAND MARQUIS!!! FIRST PRO BUILD!!!! 4 APLINE TYPE X's

i would go with only ported in open trunks like suv's and so on to get maximum air flow throughout the car sealed is tha way to go in a sealed trunk. in cadillacs and other luxery cars yes you need more power since they have thick cushions and the cars are more solid.

Brad, STFU bish......Dont have anything nice to say, then move on.

You want to post some ignorant, arrogant ish for someone who dont have the same taste as you, then take it to the dome.....

OP, thank-you for fighting for our Country....just watched a crazy film that makes yo have a new respect for you guys and the things you do in restapo or something like that. Pretty good watch, minus the killing of kids...

Good job on build!

hey bro, i got the same car only a 97........ and take it from me dont bolt the amp rack down to the metal.... the gas tank is right below. haha. but hey is there a way you could post pictures of the ground points? theres no good places that ive found but maybe youve found a better place. good luck with build looks sick man and hey when you go out again stay safe!! we need all the audio enthusiasts we can get!!

okay everyone here is a quick update for everyone. i finally had completed my project. i must say that hifonic amps are the real deal. i have blown one of the voice coils in all four speakers already. it beat really really really really hard for about a week then all of a sudden one day they sounded ******. after checkin them i can confirm. so im basically out of 1000 dollars. plus i had to buy four more type xs. they should be here next week. what the hell did i do wrong. i kno everything was hooked up correctly. they are 4 ohm subs ran parallel/parallel to produce a 1ohmm load. my amps are 1 ohm stable so no problems there. the amps werent even turned up half way. so what did i do wrong for these subs to blow. could it be distortion or maybe clipping? can anyone tell me how to set my amps just right to cut back on this? also i have 4 type xs all with one blown voice coil they still play great just one voice coil blown. ill sell them all for 200 dollars anyone interested just hit me up jawgaboi05@gmail.com and if anyone has any ideas on what i did wrong please reply

hey bro, i got the same car only a 97........ and take it from me dont bolt the amp rack down to the metal.... the gas tank is right below. haha. but hey is there a way you could post pictures of the ground points? theres no good places that ive found but maybe youve found a better place. good luck with build looks sick man and hey when you go out again stay safe!! we need all the audio enthusiasts we can get!!
can you answer this? and man.... that ***** hardcore

okay everyone here is a quick update for everyone. i finally had completed my project. i must say that hifonic amps are the real deal. i have blown one of the voice coils in all four speakers already. it beat really really really really hard for about a week then all of a sudden one day they sounded ******. after checkin them i can confirm. so im basically out of 1000 dollars. plus i had to buy four more type xs. they should be here next week. what the hell did i do wrong. i kno everything was hooked up correctly. they are 4 ohm subs ran parallel/parallel to produce a 1ohmm load. my amps are 1 ohm stable so no problems there. the amps werent even turned up half way. so what did i do wrong for these subs to blow. could it be distortion or maybe clipping? can anyone tell me how to set my amps just right to cut back on this? also i have 4 type xs all with one blown voice coil they still play great just one voice coil blown. ill sell them all for 200 dollars anyone interested just hit me up jawgaboi05@gmail.com and if anyone has any ideas on what i did wrong please reply
So you have (4) DVC2 ohm subs connected in parallel for a 1 ohm load, correct? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not very familiar with strapping amps, but if you strap two 1 ohm stable amps, doesn't that leave you with 2 ohms stable overall? In which case you were running below that. If this is correct, you'd be wise to pick up DVC4 ohm woofers this time around.

wussup everyone sorry for the long delay here is a update. so after buying 4 more type xs i came to the conclusion that my amps are shot. thanks to my buddy A1 pawnman i was able to have the amps tested and sure enough they are done. apparently the problem came from me wiring the subs to produce a 1 ohm load. the amps couldnt handle the load. so now im stuck with 8 subs and not one amp to power them. anyone looking to buy some subs let me know. these are brand new still in the box. i would send them back but i dont want to pay shipping costs just to have a store credit. just too much of a pain. im also willing to trade someone all four type xs for a amp or amps strong enough to power the other 4 subs i have. anyone interested just hit me up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.