04 GRAND MARQUIS!!! FIRST PRO BUILD!!!! 4 APLINE TYPE X's

man_n_da_trunk
10+ year member

Wussup Car Audio experts, and fans. This will be my first professional build so any help that you can give me would be great. First off Ive been planning this build for a year now. Just got back from afghanistan and im going to be installing this system over the next couple of months ill keep everyone interested posted with pics. Ive always been a fan of this page and the amazing things that ive seen people do on here so i figured its my turn to start my own log so with no further do here is my setup. here is the box i had made to the type x specs

View attachment 26521677 here is the speakers all mouted in placeView attachment 26521678and a pic of my merc im installing in View attachment 26521679

ok on to what will be powering these beasts of subs lol. the amps i chose to go with came with a whole **** load of controversy. I decided to run with two of the hifonics brutis 2610's. thats ruffly 2300 rms from each amp. the subs are wired parallel to achieve a 1 ohm stable load. so hopefully these amps will do the job. also ran with a 4 channel hifonics zeus for my component speakers. so here are some pics of the amps

View attachment 26521680View attachment 26521681View attachment 26521680View attachment 26521681View attachment 26521677View attachment 26521678View attachment 26521679View attachment 26521680View attachment 26521681

as you can see i have a lot of work ahead of me. i still have to install the big three upgrade along with like a 200 amp alternator as well. will try and upload more pics tomorrow. as i will be starting to put the dynomat into my trunk. in the mean time feel free to leave comments and susgestions on my install thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
yea im going to run them sealed. I have a 2004 marquis. and if i port those subs ill be sure to tear that car apart with all of the vibrating and what not. im going sealed for a cleaner bass this is still a daily driver for now lol. so i have to try and preserve what i can.

yea im going to run them sealed. I have a 2004 marquis. and if i port those subs ill be sure to tear that car apart with all of the vibrating and what not. im going sealed for a cleaner bass this is still a daily driver for now lol. so i have to try and preserve what i can.
Ive got a 93 lincoln towncar, basically the same car but older, i have a single 15 on 2k in the trunk, and it takes it like a champ, tho i did shake my rear view mirror off.

And you do plan on getting an extra batt or 2, right?

nice ride... a custom enclosure could have helped from tearing the car apart ..

your choice though .

all that power and space 2 15s or 1 18 .would look cool...

i want to see video .. i hope you mat the trunk lid.... just because its not ported dose not mean those woofer are going to be easy against the trunk lid...

okay people finally got a little work done today. i had to stiffen my rear suspension a little bit to compenstate for the extra weight that will be in my trunk. i also finally deadened my trunk with fat matt rattle trap its hella cheaper than dynomatt extreme and i was able to do my whole trunk with it, of course i ordered more than enough. some people complain about the smell but i didnt smell anything toooo extreme when i was installing it. here are some pics of the install. tomorrow hopefully if my little gurl allow me i can get someone to help me put the enclosure in the trunk. will keep everyone posted.View attachment 26521801View attachment 26521802View attachment 26521803View attachment 26521804View attachment 26521805

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.