04 GRAND MARQUIS!!! FIRST PRO BUILD!!!! 4 APLINE TYPE X's

One more question for someone. Is my isolator hooked up right i found this pic froma merc log by bun-bun in 2008. We have the same batt iso. But our positve wire that goes to the rear and the one that goes to the front battery are opposite. DOES THIS MATTER SINCE BOTH ARE POSITIVE? Can someone please let me know if mine is wrong before i get my amps back and hook them up
THIS IS MINE

2011-03-05_13-34-59_48.jpg

AND THIS IS HIS

00146d07.jpg
It doesn't matter, all it does is seperates the front batt from the back batts when the car is off.

huhhhh whats up everyone. Im still patiently waiting for my brutus amps to return to me. the hifonics repair guy said he should have a tracking number for me tomorrow, which means that i probably wont actually get my F****** amps back til next week. but no worries. guess i can knock out some more stuff this weekend. I have a question for everyone viewing this. okay i strapped my 2 khc2400s together. parallel (++--) now with that being said can i use the other pos/neg terminals on the other battery to run to the amp? hope yal understand what im saying im gonna take a pic and make a diagram jus in case though. im also posting some pics of the fuse holders im gonna be using to wire the amps too. also yea also im gonna take that back seat out and wire a more solid ground. and yes while the seats are out im gonna rip out some of the foam in the back lol. anyway i dont know about changing the rear deck just yet or making the seats so that they fold down cause im still paying on my whip lol still got about a year left on it. unless i can have it done professionally so it looks nice. anyway gonna post some pics of the inside to show all the work i have done to it..
batteries.jpg

2011-03-09_17-13-45_749.jpg
Yeah u can go that way i prefer to attach the amp to the battery with direct connect to the front and same with ground i like my grounds off the main grond or to use same ground as i use for the batts!

Kool thanks kingdell and crownvic for the info. Well today is friday everyone. Im currently posting from my mobile. Just bored at work. Yea thats the army life. I cant wait till i get off. My amps are due back to me today. And according to ups they are on time and i will get htem today. So ill take pics of the unboxing. Dont know how much ill be able to do this weekend due to the fact wifey wants to drive home to look for a house. So u guys kno how that goes ***** has the power.

2011-03-13_21-31-15_740.jpg

wussup err body. finally got my budget beasts back from the repair shop friday. i went to my home town to find a house so i didnt have time to install anything this weekend. finally made it in today and got a chance to unbox them and mount and wire them to my mount board. here are some pics of the work so far. hopefully tomorrow ill have the chance to install everything and hear how it sounds if everything falls through ill make a video of how it sounds too

dynamat is for bishes. shits all the same.
Depends on how much Butyl is used. Dynamat uses all Butyl. Fat Mat has lines: Fat Mat, Rattle Trap and Mega Mat. Their Mega Mat uses the same make up as Dynamat, just a little thicker. 70 mil I believe. Their lower lines is cheaper but uses a "Rubber compound" similar to roofing tar asphalt. Smells like crap for 2 or 3 months, lol. But it all accomplishes the same end goal.

2011-03-14_18-56-49_493.jpg

got everything installed today for the most part. i still have a lot of cleaning up to do. but its slamming sooooo hard. im gonna do a video tomorrow. the lil one is getting was getting upset so i came inside to spend a little QT. let meknow what you guys think and any improvements that you might have

everything looks great but you need to ground to the frame. grounding on the body is not a real good ground. there is rubber gromets between the body and frame.

Awesome build bro. I got a merc as well, but a 2000. Quick question, how many feet of mat did you use? Also, which spots did you cover? You didnt cover the back of the seats/trunk am i right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.