04 GRAND MARQUIS!!! FIRST PRO BUILD!!!! 4 APLINE TYPE X's

@worstenemy thanks man ive been trying to get everything done. now i can move to the next thing. and thats installing the battery isolator. seems pretty easy ill keep everyone posted on my work later on today. about to head to home depot to get a piece of board cut to mount my amps to. quick question how would i go about running two of the same amps together like one master and one slave. or should i just leave them seperated? well i posted some pics of how i want the amps set in the trunk any susgestions would be nice!!!!!!! View attachment 26521817View attachment 26521818]

also ive heard that its best to have my batts in the trunk close together. how true is this because the batts im runnin are heavy as hell and i dont want all that weight on one side of my car wanted to install one one each side

Last edited by a moderator:
@ wone thanks for the advice bro. okay peeps here is the work that i got completed today. as i said, i had to go pick up some wood from home depot to mount my amps to. here is the ending result. also i had a little spare time so i decided to install some tweeters flush mounted on my doors nothin to extreme just wanted to make it look good. here are pics enjoy again im open to any suggestions that anyone may have.View attachment 26521830View attachment 26521831

dynamat is for bishes. shits all the same.
it takes 2 layers of fat mat to do what 1 layer of dynamat xtream can do i used both believe me im not into spending more money than i have to but after doing my trunk with fat mat then doing it with dynamat it was night and day

@ d77 i went with fat mat because i was able to buy a whole lot more. i bought a 100 feet of 80 mil for half the price i wouldve paid for dynomat so i was able to double layer my trunk and still have some left over to do the whole inside of my trunk lol. dynomat is over priced. id use fat mat again anyday if it means saving me money lol

wussup everyone today i decided to go ahead and tackle the infamous BIG 3 upgrade. it only took about two hours to complete. fairly easy job. now that it is out the way its on to the juicy stuff. tomorrow i will wiring up the batterys in my trunk and then wiring the amps to them. after that i should be just about ready to beat the block down lol. anyway heres pics of the installView attachment 26521841View attachment 26521840View attachment 26521839

Don't even think about mounting stuff on the little shelf between the trunk and the cabin you'll lose a ton of output. Pull the back seats and yank as much of the deadener out as you can and cut away as much steel as you're comfortable doing. All that **** just eats your output.

A friend of mine here has a grand marquis and the difference in SPL between in the trunk and the dash is around 9db. Best option with this kind of car is bandpass ported up through the rear deck.

ok everyone im almost done i just need some advice from an expert. heres my problem im trying to run my two amps together one as the master and one as the slave. because see the problem is that i dont want to have two bass knobs running to the front. if anyone has like a wiring diagram on how to wire them in this way please please send it to me if not then ill just have to eliminate hooking up the bass knobs all together. a fast response would be nice thanksView attachment 26521887

Wussup everyone. I got around to put everything in today. I still need some kind of direction as to how to strap my amps together to eliminate having two bass knobs. Someone please point me in the right direction. Tomorrow i will be wiring up everything when my amp kit comes yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!. I just want to tView attachment 26521895View attachment 26521896View attachment 26521897View attachment 26521898ake this time out and say to anyone posting on this thread that has to say negative things. Someone posted some real racist shyt on here and i dont appreciate it. Like i said before im in the military but i love working on cars and doing audio electrical you guys no things of that nature. This is at brad butler dont worry about what the **** i spend my money on as it doesnt pertain to you. Ive been fighting for this country for 5 years now and i just returned from a 12 month tour iun afghanistan. So **** you i deserve to buy the things i want what are you doing for your country besides sit on here and criticize someone elses work. Im done though anyway here are some pics of the work ive completed today. I still need to build my battery boxes so bare with me. Im not a professional but i do what i can lol anyone that doesnt like it stay off my thread to everyone else that has been supportive thanks so much.

@ worst enemy i did use 0 gauge all the way through. The only 4 gauge is the starter wire that i left the same since it doesnt play a role. Anyway man can u answer this question for me how do i run my amps one as slave and one as master? Thats my only problem. If you know please let me now bro thanks

You shouldve used 1/0 instead of 4ga for your big 3 and to go front to back sir. other than that, i approve 100%, nice clean install man.
i did use 0 gauge all the way through. The only 4 gauge is the starter wire that i left the same since it doesnt play a role. Anyway man can u answer this question for me how do i run my amps one as slave and one as master? Thats my only problem. If you know please let me now bro thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.