04 GRAND MARQUIS!!! FIRST PRO BUILD!!!! 4 APLINE TYPE X's

Holy ****, 100 feet? You must have alot planned out.. It only took 18 feet to get from my battery to the trunk. Im thinking maybe 10 feet for the big 3?

BTW grand marquis are awesome cars. I took off my rear deck (you can remove it when you take off the back seat) and it is crazy how much bass it lets through. It just looks kinda ugly but I dont care I'm never back there

I have a grand marquis also. Rear seat removal is easy as ****.
Bottom peice is connected with 2 metal clips, push forward on it and pull up on the bottom and it will pop right out. Back rest is bolted down to the floor with 2 bolts, take those out and you're good to go.

Also when you remove your seat, take out the deadening material that is behind the back seat. Helps alot for inside the car. I had to cut it with a razor.

Does anyone have info on doing the big 3 on these cars? I am gonna attempt it once it gets above 20 degrees here some day soon. How much 1/0 do I need to complete it on these? Thanks.

Just check the thread we both posted pics of our BIG 3

Holy ****, 100 feet? You must have alot planned out.. It only took 18 feet to get from my battery to the trunk. Im thinking maybe 10 feet for the big 3?
BTW grand marquis are awesome cars. I took off my rear deck (you can remove it when you take off the back seat) and it is crazy how much bass it lets through. It just looks kinda ugly but I dont care I'm never back there
Correct about the rear deck lol i am going to remove it and remove the speakers then remove some of the metal back there, once the air gets moving it will really hit hard and will help supress the truck vibrations!

Just check the thread we both posted pics of our BIG 3

Correct about the rear deck lol i am going to remove it and remove the speakers then remove some of the metal back there, once the air gets moving it will really hit hard and will help supress the truck vibrations!
Dude, I suggest some day when you're bored, take out your back seat (the back rest part) and the rear deck and then roll around and listen to it then.

I'd say I got about a 40% increase of sound inside the cabin with out that back seat there. It was insane. I wish I could have kept it like that..but i need my backseat

In a few months here when its warm I'm gonna take out the bolts and rig up some sort of hinge system so I can fold my seat down.

Dude, I suggest some day when you're bored, take out your back seat (the back rest part) and the rear deck and then roll around and listen to it then.
I'd say I got about a 40% increase of sound inside the cabin with out that back seat there. It was insane. I wish I could have kept it like that..but i need my backseat

In a few months here when its warm I'm gonna take out the bolts and rig up some sort of hinge system so I can fold my seat down.
I was agreeing with you lol i have done it thats why i said i am actually going to remove some portions of the rear deck and i am removing the speakers also! I have to remove seats to do adjustments and to do anything involving amps and batts or to install anything

I didnt say you didnt agree with me I was just telling you to do it cause its awesome

its not the metal that is affecting it its the foam padding in the rear seats

lol I know that Me doing that is to try to get the air to move in a particular direction to help suppress the trunk sounding all nasty! ANd how u going to tell me to do something that i have already stated that i have done LMAO but i hear you boss! I honestly have thought of removing the whole rear section of my seats but i dont know if that's legal for bass race

huhhhh whats up everyone. Im still patiently waiting for my brutus amps to return to me. the hifonics repair guy said he should have a tracking number for me tomorrow, which means that i probably wont actually get my F****** amps back til next week. but no worries. guess i can knock out some more stuff this weekend. I have a question for everyone viewing this. okay i strapped my 2 khc2400s together. parallel (++--) now with that being said can i use the other pos/neg terminals on the other battery to run to the amp? hope yal understand what im saying im gonna take a pic and make a diagram jus in case though. im also posting some pics of the fuse holders im gonna be using to wire the amps too. also yea also im gonna take that back seat out and wire a more solid ground. and yes while the seats are out im gonna rip out some of the foam in the back lol. anyway i dont know about changing the rear deck just yet or making the seats so that they fold down cause im still paying on my whip lol still got about a year left on it. unless i can have it done professionally so it looks nice. anyway gonna post some pics of the inside to show all the work i have done to it..

batteries.jpg

2011-03-09_17-13-45_749.jpg

here are some pics of some other work that i have done to my car on the inside as well.

2 8 inch screens in the headrests

2011-03-09_17-47-36_66.jpg

2 10 inch screens in the sunvisors

2011-03-09_17-46-28_0.jpg

i have the pioneer z110 that has been upgraded to the z120

2011-03-09_17-46-09_211.jpg

and i have 24s on it with a 2 inch lift 255/30/24 tires on the rims

2011-03-09_17-45-46_597.jpg

so besides just doing my system this is some of the other cosmetic changes the merc has been through!!!!!

**** you did some work on that thing. Not feeling the portholes.. Or flags..But its your car bro. I cant say much, mine is plain as hell

also whats up with your dash? where the pioneer is mounted, it looks all fucked up or somethin

This is mine.. Pretty much havent done anything to it to avoid getting pulled over. I'd love to tint it, put different rims on it..I tinted the tails up a little bit though. Looks pretty good I think and the light shines through perfectly

IMG_0271-1.jpg

whipback.jpg

@ SOURDEEZ, looks good dude. my double din is mounted where the radio should be its just the paint around the din has chipped a little. just needs to be touched up. i like the tinted brake lights. how did you do it? i Was thinking of tinting mine as well but i have mirror tint on the windows so it wouldnt look right. my port holes was just an experiment i bought them from autozone im gonna take them off im not feeling them either. but the flags gotta stay bro. DSGB for life. born and raised so ima rep fa mines lol

@ SOURDEEZ, looks good dude. my double din is mounted where the radio should be its just the paint around the din has chipped a little. just needs to be touched up. i like the tinted brake lights. how did you do it? i Was thinking of tinting mine as well but i have mirror tint on the windows so it wouldnt look right. my port holes was just an experiment i bought them from autozone im gonna take them off im not feeling them either. but the flags gotta stay bro. DSGB for life. born and raised so ima rep fa mines lol
haha im just givin you **** about the flags. I cant fit a double din without dremeling out the vent behind it (2003+ are direct fits tho). Just looked like you did some modifying to get it in there...

The tint is just a spray can. VHT Nightshades. Super easy to do, I didnt even remove the tails.. I masked off the back of the car with tape and plastic sheeting and sprayed the **** on there. I wetsanded them before applying the paint also..

If you dont want them that dark you can spray it on lightly, I think I have like 4 super thick coats on mine.

One more question for someone. Is my isolator hooked up right i found this pic froma merc log by bun-bun in 2008. We have the same batt iso. But our positve wire that goes to the rear and the one that goes to the front battery are opposite. DOES THIS MATTER SINCE BOTH ARE POSITIVE? Can someone please let me know if mine is wrong before i get my amps back and hook them up

THIS IS MINE

2011-03-05_13-34-59_48.jpg

AND THIS IS HIS

00146d07.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.