02 tahoe battery keeps goin dead after install of new pioneer head unit.

Bosshawse

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 1, 2020
I have a 02 tahoe with a factory head unit with a non bone factory amp. I recently changed to a pioneer head unit single din with Bluetooth and ever since i did the my battery keeps goin dead. I've checked wiring, and changed head units also thinking I got a bad radio or i fudged up something. I'm at a loss now. Could it be the onstar or factory anti theft killing it? It only started right after installing the pioneer head unit.

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2020
United States
I have a 02 tahoe with a factory head unit with a non bone factory amp. I recently changed to a pioneer head unit single din with Bluetooth and ever since i did the my battery keeps goin dead. I've checked wiring, and changed head units also thinking I got a bad radio or i fudged up something. I'm at a loss now. Could it be the onstar or factory anti theft killing it? It only started right after installing the pioneer head unit.
Does your unit properly turn off when you shut off the car? It doesn't sound like it.

Bosshawse

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 1, 2020
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is the factory amplifier shutting off? First step in electrical drains is to turn the truck off and check what sort of drain we're talking about with a multimeter.
I've done all that even removed the amp fuse. I've removed the radio all together and it still goes dead. I put the factory delco radio back in and it doesn't go dead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds