02 tahoe battery keeps goin dead after install of new pioneer head unit.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bosshawse

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 02 tahoe with a factory head unit with a non bone factory amp. I recently changed to a pioneer head unit single din with Bluetooth and ever since i did the my battery keeps goin dead. I've checked wiring, and changed head units also thinking I got a bad radio or i fudged up something. I'm at a loss now. Could it be the onstar or factory anti theft killing it? It only started right after installing the pioneer head unit.

I have a 02 tahoe with a factory head unit with a non bone factory amp. I recently changed to a pioneer head unit single din with Bluetooth and ever since i did the my battery keeps goin dead. I've checked wiring, and changed head units also thinking I got a bad radio or i fudged up something. I'm at a loss now. Could it be the onstar or factory anti theft killing it? It only started right after installing the pioneer head unit.
Does your unit properly turn off when you shut off the car? It doesn't sound like it.

Is the factory amplifier shutting off? First step in electrical drains is to turn the truck off and check what sort of drain we're talking about with a multimeter.
I've done all that even removed the amp fuse. I've removed the radio all together and it still goes dead. I put the factory delco radio back in and it doesn't go dead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.