Small Subs

jony2803

Florida
Hi all, I'm new here and pretty new to the car audio scene in general. I drive a subaru BRZ which is heavily lacking in the audio department, but particularly in the lower range. Since the car is small and I would like to save some space in my trunk I'm looking into small subs, would appreciate any suggestions.

So far these seem to be the most interesting http://amzn.to/2tRsOS4, I would try to fit 2 of them into the side space behind the wheel well in my trunk

I went on their facebook page and they posted a video of this subwoofer, looks pretty cool, but wanted to get some advice from people with more experience.

Thanks

Link is broke.
Link is good for me.

OP, I don't know much about that brand. American Bass also has a 6.5" subwoofer for a little more money but they're established and reputable.

Do have reasonable expectations out of such a small driver. Most folks who go "small" would use a single 8" as you'll have better options as far as variety of quality products.

Hi all, I'm new here and pretty new to the car audio scene in general. I drive a subaru BRZ which is heavily lacking in the audio department, but particularly in the lower range. Since the car is small and I would like to save some space in my trunk I'm looking into small subs, would appreciate any suggestions.
So far these seem to be the most interesting http://amzn.to/2tRsOS4, I would try to fit 2 of them into the side space behind the wheel well in my trunk

I went on their facebook page and they posted a video of this subwoofer, looks pretty cool, but wanted to get some advice from people with more experience.

Thanks
try 1 8" sundown, ab or maybe even skar,, u can look around on ssa audio they have good stuff

Thanks
yeah u can get 1 shallow 10 like los said i know a guy had this 10 2 yrs works well in truck box between seats and it's cheap and would even work in like a wedge truck box https://www.skaraudio.com/products/vd-10?variant=17690910721

Link is good for me.
OP, I don't know much about that brand. American Bass also has a 6.5" subwoofer for a little more money but they're established and reputable.

Do have reasonable expectations out of such a small driver. Most folks who go "small" would use a single 8" as you'll have better options as far as variety of quality products.
One of the main reasons I was looking at this sub is I saw these guys at a car show here in Miami and this is one of their new lines they were telling me about. There aren't many reviews in that Amazon link since it's new, but the two that are there seem to love it. Might consider going to an 8" instead, gotta check measure the space and see if I can fit a box there with an 8"

If you got some skill you can do a pair of sealed 12s in a false floor.

Google false floor subwoofers. You can even mount them to be able to cover them up if you need the full trunk.

DS 18 is flee market crap.
I've read a lot of mixed reviews, but I have also seen their stuff being sold at the swap shop in plantation so you do have a point. I went to their website and surfed Amazon enough to see they have a lot of different lines. It seems to me they have everything from cheap crap to what appears to be quality stuff, just a matter of getting someone with first hand experience. They have a decent price point though, so I am hoping it's not garbage

I would go with Sundown E8 way before those DS18 8"s.
I'm going to look into these. They don't look as good on paper, but sundown seems pretty popular

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

If you got some skill you can do a pair of sealed 12s in a false floor. Google false floor subwoofers. You can even mount them to be able to cover them up if you need the full trunk.
This would require getting rid of my spare tire? If I do this I'll have to invest in runflats

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.