COMPLETED Small 4channel amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taramps ts400x4 is about the smallest 4 channel I can think of and usually can be found around $70

JUST FYI:
Those bose speakers are usually not 4 ohm, and they may be wired in series in your vehicle.
The best thing for you to do if you want to keep the factory speakers is to just replace the factory amp. The cheapest option is from a picknpull, or you pull it type auto yard.

Those speakers are not only a joke in their quality, but they are really low wattage, as in most head units would be enough to power those speakers. Not sure what your setup is, but if you have an aftermarket head unit you would be better off buying the cheapest speakers you can find, and they will probably sound better.

If you really want an aftermarket amp for those, then pull one out, and check the resistance. You can even check it at the amp terminals and see how it's going out. IMO, with those bose systems it's honestly just better to keep it all stock if you are happy with it, or just replace the entire thing and start from scratch, (compared to most aftermarket stereos, the head units lack functions, they wire them odd, and the speakers are odd oh, and way low powered).

Even with $200 you can find a new setup for 4 speakers and a new head unit that will be much better. (There are always good audio deals on black Friday).

AND OF COURSE, I'm sure I have a 4ch amp I would sell to you too. Have some new head units too.

JUST FYI:
Those bose speakers are usually not 4 ohm, and they may be wired in series in your vehicle.
The best thing for you to do if you want to keep the factory speakers is to just replace the factory amp. The cheapest option is from a picknpull, or you pull it type auto yard.

Those speakers are not only a joke in their quality, but they are really low wattage, as in most head units would be enough to power those speakers. Not sure what your setup is, but if you have an aftermarket head unit you would be better off buying the cheapest speakers you can find, and they will probably sound better.

If you really want an aftermarket amp for those, then pull one out, and check the resistance. You can even check it at the amp terminals and see how it's going out. IMO, with those bose systems it's honestly just better to keep it all stock if you are happy with it, or just replace the entire thing and start from scratch, (compared to most aftermarket stereos, the head units lack functions, they wire them odd, and the speakers are odd oh, and way low powered).

Even with $200 you can find a new setup for 4 speakers and a new head unit that will be much better. (There are always good audio deals on black Friday).

AND OF COURSE, I'm sure I have a 4ch amp I would sell to you too. Have some new head units too.
Ok so my issue is, i bought the car without the factory head unit/ screen working. I thought it be as simple as replacing the screen, i bought one off of eBay, that didn’t work. So i thought it would be easy enough to just install an aftermarket head unit, well no company offers a wire kit or dash kit for this make and model (2014 buick lacrosse). However i found a Chinese company that did in fact sell me a after market screen and plug as well as a dash kit. The factory plug/stereo is mounted behind the glove box as well as the factory bose amp. I hooked the after market head unit up, it powers on, but i get no sound. Nobody offers a bose amp bypass for this make and model, at this point i just want sound. The company i purchased the head unit from told me i can use my aux input in my center console to get sound, but i can’t get the car to go into aux mode! Smh its really starting to piss me off. So i figured itd be easiest and cheapest to just install a 4 channel amp and run the wires to the doors. Any help is appreciated

Using an AUX option is not going to fix a broken factory amplifier. but don't fret, all is not lost and your solution is at hand. If you know which wires are what, get yourselves a LOC like this one.

Amazon product ASIN B09MTHDJ7D
Add one of the Recoil amps. THey will improve the sound. If you want more after tha, may want to change out the speakers too.

Nice Comps $99 a pair

Budget minded

Amazon product ASIN B08DNJDR6K
and

Amazon product ASIN B08DNJXR2N

I don’t know if the factory amp is not working, the factory head unit doesn’t work. But i have no way to bypass the factory bose amp. So i was just going to install an aftermarket 4 channel amp to run the door speakers/tweeters.

It's the same platform as a Buick regal, a Chevy Malibu, Chevy Impala, and Cadillac XTS. Finding a harness shouldn't be that difficult. At the most, you pull the one off your current head unit, depin it, and install your aftermarket harness with that. (Even if you had to start fresh, you just buy a set of em, pull or even create the pins from your vehicle's harness and match em up). This shouldn't be a step you are stuck on. There's multiple ways to solve this.

Are you using an aftermarket head unit or a factory one?
A factory bose amp is going to require a harness so that you can use the bose amp, (and speakers. I THINK its because it needs to convert the analog signal from the amp into the digital signal for your head unit, (or at least thats what the steering wheel controls harnesses do). If you haven't bought this stuff yet, I wouldn't waste money on it. If you have and you can return it, just return it.

If you have an aftermarket head unit, get rid of the rest of the bose junk. Figure out your budget, see what you want to spend on some better speakers, $50 - $500, and buy a $100 or higher amp. Used amps can be cheaper, and might come with wiring.

Last edited:
I’m just going to replace the speakers and run an amp. Id like to stay under 250 for speakers and amp, im open to used speakers and amp if anyone heard any suggestions. Are the pioneer components above any good?

Doing it that way, you're also going to need an adapter or a LOC, so you're not saving much compared to buying a used aftermarket head unit.

I would honestly check facebook marketplace, craigslist, and any local pick n pull places you have. If you're cool with used speakers, you have a much better chance of finding a package deal that way, (head unit, a pair or two of speakers and an amp with speaker wire, and amp wiring. Amp wiring can add another $40 or so to your already tight budget.

Black Friday should also have deals.

Honestly if this is me, buy a used head unit for $50, or a new one for about $120. If you can find something that is 40-50w RMS per channel, you can hold off on the amp. This leaves you $100-$120 for some 40-50w speakers. Maybe you get one pair, maybe you get two pair. This gets you a good base.

With one pair, when you get a few more bucks or find a deal, you buy a 2ch amp, for the front and a decent set of speakers and put the fronts in the back if they fit. but you do you.

I’m just going to replace the speakers and run an amp. Id like to stay under 250 for speakers and amp, im open to used speakers and amp if anyone heard any suggestions. Are the pioneer components above any good?
Those pio's are around $150 off regular price (while they last). If you like the sound of a smooth alloy dome (not shreaking but articulate and smooth) then you should enjoy them. VERY hard to beat at that price.

The best deal currently on a 4-channel amp is the one I bought - the blackbrick 100.4 $69 shipped and does 100 x 4 RMS @ 4 ohms in a small package. Even has clip lights.

If you want cheap speakers, look at the Recoil models. They sell basic sets ($25-50) that are great for factory replacement. They also have better sets depending on what you want as well as good amps. I am using their highest level 3 way components (rpm365) in the front and the MX65 in the rear off of that exact Blackbrick amp and it's been great. Recoil also sells 100' 9f 16 g ofc speaker wire for about $20.

You can buy Recoil on Amazon or direct, or 8 can give you Patrick at robot undergrounds number and you can buy it a little bit cheaper from him, which is what I did.

The blackbrick is great buy,picked one up myself. Unfortunately,they are all gone :(. For an inexpensive alternative, the Recoil is a good alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...