Small Subs

I'm going to look into these. They don't look as good on paper, but sundown seems pretty popular 

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

This would require getting rid of my spare tire? If I do this I'll have to invest in runflats
Spare may have to go. Or the floor can be raised a hair if you get really flat woofers. SI BMs or JL TW-3s

If you say the SAs don't look good on paper then you are comparing them to false ratings.

I'm going to look into these. They don't look as good on paper, but sundown seems pretty popular 

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

This would require getting rid of my spare tire? If I do this I'll have to invest in runflats
Why roll the dice if you KNOW some of their stuff is junk? I hate to even support companies who can't deliver consistency.

Get AAA membership, I never regret it.

Id run a single 10..Like a Dayton HO..1 cu ft sealed and it will do just fine on the PPI Phantom 1000.1d @ 2 ohms and not tax your electrical with the big 3 and one decent agm under the hood

I work for Subaru of America, sorry for the small trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I personally would run a TW3 10, you can get as small as .5 cu.ft and and depth as small a box less than 5 inches total depth...

For Shallows the TW3 is really good. And fairly cheap. One of the only US made shallows.
Ssshhh...Not so loud. John Kooter might see this and pipe up since I think he owns one. He'll go apeshit over it if he see's this thread.

I have 2 TW3's and yes they are very good shallow subs. I have 2 12's in .67 each in a space a nothing but shallow subs could fit, and it sounds real good.

Spare may have to go. Or the floor can be raised a hair if you get really flat woofers. SI BMs or JL TW-3sIf you say the SAs don't look good on paper then you are comparing them to false ratings.
I wish they were forced to prove their ratings, but based on what the listing says those Z8s look good. Luckily DS18 warehouse is like a 30 minute drive from my house, I called them and they told me I can come by next week to see them for myself. What exactly should I be looking for in the sub to know they're actually being given the wattage they're telling me?

Why roll the dice if you KNOW some of their stuff is junk? I hate to even support companies who can't deliver consistency.
Get AAA membership, I never regret it.
I don't know if it's junk, I just know they have more affordable lines, don't a lot of brands do that? I'm sure everyone isn't a super audiophile or can't afford the top shelf stuff.

I actually just got AAA because I bought an old *** truck with 250k miles, so I guess I don't technically need the spare. It would just be nice to have so I don't need to wait an hour to get my car towed if anything happens.

I'd also like to add this since I saw a lot of people recommending shallow woofers. I'm not sure why, maybe because in my gut I just feel like they won't be the same, but I'm kinda trying to steer away from a shallow mount sub.

I'd also like to add this since I saw a lot of people recommending shallow woofers. I'm not sure why, maybe because in my gut I just feel like they won't be the same, but I'm kinda trying to steer away from a shallow mount sub.
A good shallow will **** on a cheap full frame. I mean straight **** on it.

When you get more experience you will be able to spot crap a mile away. DS18 is crap. Cheap china with no QC.

I wish they were forced to prove their ratings, but based on what the listing says those Z8s look good. Luckily DS18 warehouse is like a 30 minute drive from my house, I called them and they told me I can come by next week to see them for myself. What exactly should I be looking for in the sub to know they're actually being given the wattage they're telling me?

I don't know if it's junk, I just know they have more affordable lines, don't a lot of brands do that? I'm sure everyone isn't a super audiophile or can't afford the top shelf stuff.

I actually just got AAA because I bought an old *** truck with 250k miles, so I guess I don't technically need the spare. It would just be nice to have so I don't need to wait an hour to get my car towed if anything happens.
Most of what makes a sub really good you won't see (or won't see until it fails prematurely).

Very importantly, can you tell one grade of magnet or steel from another (spoiler* you can't tell without enormously expensive lab equipment), can you tell if a motor is a good design ( you can't without verifying quality of materials and engineering software).

If you don't know any better you might still be happy... or the stuff may be fine, but you're gambling when you stray from established companies. You risk poor sound, weak output, premature failure (from sketchy quality control) and poor to no resale value down the road.

If the company is right down the road and you get a good vibe from them, give them a chance, at least you're close enough to raise hell for warranty claim if it doesn't deliver as advertised.

Most of what makes a sub really good you won't see (or won't see until it fails prematurely).
Very importantly, can you tell one grade of magnet or steel from another (spoiler* you can't tell without enormously expensive lab equipment), can you tell if a motor is a good design ( you can't without verifying quality of materials and engineering software).

If you don't know any better you might still be happy... or the stuff may be fine, but you're gambling when you stray from established companies. You risk poor sound, weak output, premature failure (from sketchy quality control) and poor to no resale value down the road.

If the company is right down the road and you get a good vibe from them, give them a chance, at least you're close enough to raise hell for warranty claim if it doesn't deliver as advertised.
:hilariou:Right

You make many great points, and until I got to the end of your response I was almost scared away from them. I spoke to their tech who seems really knowledgeable, and even though I'm only looking at getting two 6.5" or 8" subs they're still really nice about me coming by and checking out their facilities. I feel like they're already doing well on the customer service aspect, and I expect them to keep it up if I have any problems down the line.

I'm going to check them out soon, I'll report back once I hear their subs and get their recommendation about what would be best for my car in particular... I have a good feeling about this

You make many great points, and until I got to the end of your response I was almost scared away from them. I spoke to their tech who seems really knowledgeable, and even though I'm only looking at getting two 6.5" or 8" subs they're still really nice about me coming by and checking out their facilities. I feel like they're already doing well on the customer service aspect, and I expect them to keep it up if I have any problems down the line.
I'm going to check them out soon, I'll report back once I hear their subs and get their recommendation about what would be best for my car in particular... I have a good feeling about this
I can't get past the video they had from the China buildhouse cross threading the hell out of a basket. They must have not noticed when the posted it. They pulled the vid a few days later.

This is just my ways. If any company MAX rates amplifiers I don't bother with them. That's shady practice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.