Dodge 2500 underseat Build

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
This is one of my jobs Im on currently. Installed a 1.5" seat lift first. I have the same model truck as Brandon so Im using my truck to make the base stacked ringed seat pods. They range from 2" to 1" for the off settings rings but most will be 1" thick. The base will be .75 thick. The current mock up will be transfered into the cnc and Ill make solid rings that gradually get bigger and stack the rings using dowels to line up the rings. Only two sides were needed to be fit because they spread out and get longer the opposite two sides are 90 degree walls that are built up straight Ill model those next. The pieces lengths and angles were written on each piece to keep track of everything. The pods will be joined together with a center pce that takes advantage of the cup holder space for even more volume. My design will also leave a spot big enough for the amp to rest on the transmission hump. The unseen pieces will be standard mdf and the visible pieces will be Black Diamond Mdf. Once I get my prototype done Ill be able use the save designed to replicate in no time and build a different sized top pieces for stock and different sized seat lifts .This build will unfold in the next few weeks.

The model is glued together the final pieces will be single piece rings that stack stagger together to build the pods that hang under the rectangular box coming next.

The model is glued together the final pieces will be single piece rings that stack stagger together to build the pods that hang under the rectangular box coming next.
That's cool. Iv never seen that before... Just seen fiberglass.

that's why you are the man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif like to see it when its done, my father has a 2500 four door, is this for that or extra cab? what size subs he using?

This is what I switched to working on this morning while waiting for your lights to come in and they came this afternoon by the way Mike. Yes its for any crew cab ram 1500 and up with the seat storage pod setup(this build is for a 2500). Yeah I hope to make him 2.5ft^3 for two Alpine type R 12's.

cool, so if I know anyone who needs a box for a 1500 or 2500 crew cab you should already have the measurements ? and they will need the seat lift ? does that come in a kit of some kind?

oh awesome, lights came ? you know i'm not worried about time, I need to redo my amp rack anyway for the new amps. and I was thinking of talking to you about doing me some flat board with a little of your cnc magic to mount them to, but once I decide on a desighn and measurements i'll give you a call.

cool, so if I know anyone who needs a box for a 1500 or 2500 crew cab you should already have the measurements ? and they will need the seat lift ? does that come in a kit of some kind?
And a 3500 I will have two or versions of this box a stock no lift version that will probaly cause your sub to be 10" max and a seat lifted version to use 12's and yes Ill have the lift kit available if anyone needs it.

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 and I've been shopping around for under-seat boxes (not buying until Spring). If you don't mind my asking, what's the typical price range for a custom box for two 12's like you're building here? And what size subs (in terms of depth and magnet size) can fit? I've looked at the Fox Acoustics box but the allowed magnet size limits what subs I could buy. I think a custom job would be better. Thanks!

I'm going to have two sizes come out of this build a stock no seat lift enclosure and a 1.5" seat lift enclosure. Ive had to steer off this project to finish two other projects so Ill pick this back up Wednesday, so stay in touch and when its done Ill get you some numbers.

And a 3500 I will have two or versions of this box a stock no lift version that will probaly cause your sub to be 10" max and a seat lifted version to use 12's and yes Ill have the lift kit available if anyone needs it.
Do you have any seat lift kits for Chevy pickups?

Im sorry I dont have any data on the hole locations for chevy seat frames. Their really easy to make a 2x4 profile is really 1.5" so just unbolt your seat slide in the 1.5 spacer mark the hole location drill out spacer and use a slightly longer bolt to secure it back down. if you send me a bolt hole pattern Id be happy to make you any size spacer you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.