Help with subs, not hitting same time. <3

kgcolbyIII
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, i was going to sell these subs but iv noticed its having an issue that i thought went away

When the bass hits they dont both go out even. They both go out at the same time but one goes out more and ***** the other one right in. Its ok on medium volume but high volume it makes the weaker one clap.

I tested with a 9v battery and they are not out of phase

the box is 100% sealed and even made a silicone gasket underneath the subs for a complete seal

have you made sure that the tinsel leads are not messed up on one of the subs. Assuming there dual inputs. Might also get a multi meter maybe one is a different ohm load. might also have one that is on its way out.

Single chamber, you know what.... Its possible that one lead could be backward. Both tested fine for current but maybe one is in reverse but if that was so then the 9v trick would not work right?

check the coil resistance with a digital multimeter. one might be at 4 ohms and one might be at 2.. the 2ohm load will get more current and wang harder than the other sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.