Yukon sub/amp upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list
Now the break in period begins. After break in I have to do the big three and extra battery (knew it):
20170519_165743_zpsx3pzf5pm.jpg

20170519_165637_zps4fcis6dc.jpg
Looking great! How does it sound?

Big improvement?

Let us know and we can do a custom big 3 kit for you crimped up and ready to drop in per your measurements, also, look at the Northstar SMSAMG80 as your secondary battery, it is a small compact powerhouse perfect for 2k that is very reasonably priced, if you have any questions feel free to PM us.

Looking great! How does it sound?Big improvement?

Let us know and we can do a custom big 3 kit for you crimped up and ready to drop in per your measurements, also, look at the Northstar SMSAMG80 as your secondary battery, it is a small compact powerhouse perfect for 2k that is very reasonably priced, if you have any questions feel free to PM us.
Improvement, yes. How much? Not sure yet as I am going to baby step these things through the break in period. I do have a trip up to Offutt AFB in Omaha coming next month and a small detour through Springfield wouldn't hurt my drive by much at all. Don't know the days I will be driving but if it is not a weekend I may try and swing in to your shop.

ive never seen a low frequency horn that small..
Oh, this box is (roughly if I can remember right)13-14 cubes total, the picture doesn't do it justice. That is not a small port by any means, I can dmn near crawl in to it and take a nap. That is the back of a 2010 Yukon with the 3rd row removed. 48" wide, 26.5" deep. and 22" tall.

Improvement, yes. How much? Not sure yet as I am going to baby step these things through the break in period. I do have a trip up to Offutt AFB in Omaha coming next month and a small detour through Springfield wouldn't hurt my drive by much at all. Don't know the days I will be driving but if it is not a weekend I may try and swing in to your shop.
no need to worry about breaking them in. play them like you intend on..

Krave, any build pics of the Sundown sub enclosure?
Negative, the port just looks like a huge horn on the output side of the box. Someone here called it that a while back and it just kinda stuck. Narrow channel on the inside and at the curve it gets rather large.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
Krave
Columbus, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from