Xtant 3300c should I get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jar1zx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok I know back in the day these were great amps but I never ran Xtant myself

I found one of these in good shape and I just ordered two exodus mid woofers on the close out sale

And I think they will need more power than my PPI PC 450 can give them.

I was thinking on splitting front channel RCA's and using the Xtant on the exodus, the front channel of the PPI on the tweets with crossover and rear channel of PPI doing same old same old with rear components. Good idea? I'm kinda into SQ and I think this might work. The Xtant should be on pair SQ wise with the old school PPI and the Xtant has a crazy crossover built in. Only thing I am worried with is splitting the RCA

Anyone remember this amp chime in with thoughts

A friend has it and I can pay him out. So what's a good price for a Xtant 3300c?

What I'm doing here is I blew one of my rear crossovers. If I do this I can move front crossovers to rear and use the rear crossovers on the tweets only thing wrong with crossover that went out is it doesn't put sound out to mid but tweeter out put still works.

If I didn't say all this right...........I'm having a drink tonight and I don't drink much anymore so be kind. Ty

i have two of them, and a manual. what do you want to know about the amp besides it being 3 channels with either 2 or 4 channel input, adjustable input sensitivity, adjustable output gain, and crossover modules who's frequency can be adjusted with resistor SIPS. the RCA outputs are a mimic of the front inputs. the "rear" speaker outputs are just a mimic of the front but ran through resistors for passive attenuation. and yes, it sounds freakin' awesome.

your post doesn't make a lot of sense right now. maybe if i read it several times... but i'm not sure with what you're trying to do besides power speakers with it.

better if you draw a diagram of how you want to wire the amps. that will clear your thoughts as well as mine.

it sounds like you're dealing with an issue of not having enough channels and/or not having enough passive crossovers.

the 3300c is a good snag in the $150-200 range, but they are also listed in mint condition for >$300. if the cover has cosmetic issues you can knock the price down.

they are prone to failure and will fail eventually. call it a thermal design flaw. they had all of that heat sink available but neglected to put some key power supply components on it. as a result, many of them have failed and were pitched because no one wants to repair them anymore (no one except me anyway).

the two i have, are both on my repair bench right now. i also have a pair of 403a running (little versions of the 603x). i've ran xtant since 1999. many other amp brands were bought and sold, but i always kept my xtants.

truth be told, there is a Boston Acoustics GT-2200 for sale for $150 right now that would be more reliable and offer more power output. i run xtant because i want to, not because it's a great idea.

Run front RCA to splitter then to Xtant and front channel of PPI. Use Xtant on new mid bass 6.5 that takes 150 rms each. Run front channel of PPI to tweeters that will not take 150 rms each. Use broken crossovers that no longer out put midrange on tweeters

Move good front crossovers to rear comps and run off rear channel of PPI. I would run the Xtant full on the mid or use built in crossover to cut highs.

Problem right now is one of the rear component crossovers is messed up will not put sound out on mid range but tweeter still works

Other problem is my PPI will not power the new 150 rms mid bass speakers I just ordered and if it did my tweeters would not hold that power.

But thx with your input on Xtant that was helpful. and at the price I would get it for I will shy away from it. I can fix my set up with a 300+ rms 2 channel amp. And active crossover

I was wanting to try Xtant tho because I never did back in the day. I was able to hear one set up back then and it sounded really good

Ok I'm going to crash I will read this tomorrow. An sry for drunk posting again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.