Wow Orion Nice job.

take two amps, one head unit. one speaker set. Everything flat.

if one amp sounds different than the other right at flat both clamped tested for same rms but still one amp has more detail/midbass/treble than the other, that basically proves amps sound different.

Anything can sound exactly similar if you use tuning and processing to adjust it but without anything done. absolutely nothing other setting both at the same rms. some amps do inherently sound different to others sorry to say. A lot of people wont have proper processing so most dont have the luxury to recreate the exact curve every time.

Its the same thing as swapping out speakers. They both can be adjusted to sound the same but without any tweaks are they the same? NOPE.

There is a unique sound of the mallet/stick that is much higher than the sound of the drum head itsel it is usually is an octave higher. Its those two tones that give the drum its unique texture.
The peddle strike. Yes I know what it is. It another thing to test resolution with. Has nothing to do with the amp, more about the bit rate of the recording.

take two amps, one head unit. one speaker set. Everything flat.
if one amp sounds different than the other right at flat both clamped tested for same rms but still one amp has more detail/midbass/treble than the other, that basically proves amps sound different.

Anything can sound exactly similar if you use tuning and processing to adjust it but without anything done. absolutely nothing other setting both at the same rms. some amps do inherently sound different to others sorry to say. A lot of people wont have proper processing so most dont have the luxury to recreate the exact curve every time.

Its the same thing as swapping out speakers. They both can be adjusted to sound the same but without any tweaks are they the same? NOPE.
Even flat I've never heard a difference. If one makes more power it will sound different. Setting gains with a DMM to test not clamp.

Any decent amp will be with 1.5db over its range. That's inaudible. And decent amp will be

If it's cheap and runs out of steam that will be audible but that's a power difference.

Even flat I've never heard a difference. If one makes more power it will sound different. Setting gains with a DMM to test not clamp. Any decent amp will be with 1.5db over its range. That's inaudible. And decent amp will be

If it's cheap and runs out of steam that will be audible but that's a power difference.
Bro, it's pretty apparent that you're regurgitating things you've read or heard. If I listened to every guy that ever told me that sort of thing, I would have missed out on so many different experiences with sound and driver performance. Humans can hear a 1dB difference, that's an old myth that has been put to rest a while ago. They can also appreciate the differences and the revealing nature, the see-through quality or easiness of certain types of drivers that they swap out and determine if they like or not. And others simply cannot. You don't have to be so rigid on the topic, no one will judge you for having an open mind and trying something out that maybe you haven't considered in the past. Or, if you can't hear any differences that's okay. Others are having different experiences than you and that's okay, too.

Even flat I've never heard a difference. If one makes more power it will sound different. Setting gains with a DMM to test not clamp. Any decent amp will be with 1.5db over its range. That's inaudible. And decent amp will be

thats not what DDTC said a few years back lmfao.

Bro, it's pretty apparent that you're regurgitating things you've read or heard. If I listened to every guy that ever told me that sort of thing, I would have missed out on so many different experiences with sound and driver performance. Humans can hear a 1dB difference, that's an old myth that has been put to rest a while ago. They can also appreciate the differences and the revealing nature, the see-through quality or easiness of certain types of drivers that they swap out and determine if they like or not. And others simply cannot. You don't have to be so rigid on the topic, no one will judge you for having an open mind and trying something out that maybe you haven't considered in the past. Or, if you can't hear any differences that's okay. Others are having different experiences than you and that's okay, too.
he used to claim his JL slash amp sounded a lot better than a bunch of other amps back when he had his scion tc and his user name was DDTC. BAM! brought up old history lmfao.

No I'm not.

I can raise my volume at 1 DB increments. Can't tell it moved until 3.

My car will show every detail. It passes every resolution test. I would hear if they was something to be heard.

Phycoacustics is what it is. Our mind says "I paid more it sounds better".

People try to say the amp will change depth and width. No, proper left right EQ and driver placement does.

People say warm, dry, cold, etc. all that stuff describes a given frequency range. Which power, reflections effect.

No I'm not. I can raise my volume at 1 DB increments. Can't tell it moved until 3.

My car will show every detail. It passes every resolution test. I would hear if they was something to be heard.

Phycoacustics is what it is. Our mind says "I paid more it sounds better".

People try to say the amp will change depth and width. No, proper left right EQ and driver placement does.

People say warm, dry, cold, etc. all that stuff describes a given frequency range. Which power, reflections effect.
"I would hear it if there was something to be heard". That's awfully arrogant and insulting to the rest of is for our abilities in the community who are taking the time to offer a different perspective. So you admit that you think you are better than the rest of us. You go on further to say that because I pay more I expect more. I understand the effects of psychoacoustics very well. You're presumptuous about a lot. Truth is, I've experienced both satisfaction and disappointment with both high and low dollar purchases. We all have. So why are you here, just to answer every thread and prove to everyone that there are no differences to be heard in speakers or amplifiers and that we should all contact you for the correct frequency response, filter slopes and time alignment figures?
Need to get over yourself, bro. Seriously.

"I would hear it if there was something to be heard". That's awfully arrogant and insulting to the rest of is for our abilities in the community who are taking the time to offer a different perspective. So you admit that you think you are better than the rest of us. You go on further to say that because I pay more I expect more. I understand the effects of psychoacoustics very well. You're presumptuous about a lot. Truth is, I've experienced both satisfaction and disappointment with both high and low dollar purchases. We all have. So why are you here, just to answer every thread and prove to everyone that there are no differences to be heard in speakers or amplifiers and that we should all contact you for the correct frequency response, filter slopes and time alignment figures?
Need to get over yourself, bro. Seriously.
That's not what I'm saying at all. Don't get defensive.

I'm say it passes all the test. If I can identify the test material I'll be able to identify anything. It's a very broad range of test.

he used to claim his JL slash amp sounded a lot better than a bunch of other amps back when he had his scion tc and his user name was DDTC. BAM! brought up old history lmfao.
Ha, that's humorous right there. I'm going to bask in that for a moment and picture the egg on his face.
He somehow thinks that what he is currently doing is different from what he was doing while on the JL drank. And in the future when he sees the light on this topic, he'll have to retrace his steps again.

People with trophies (little *****/big mouths). Reminds me of an event I went to in Madison. I showed up with my ride simply to check out the entrants and see what people had thrown together. The show was good and the winner had a solid setup. I spent some time in his seat and was very impressed overall. But I knew I had him beat in three particular areas and I was totally in shock. I wanted to validate this and invited him to have a seat in my vehicle for an extended session. He gave me that look like, "sure, I'll humor you while I hold my trophy". I knew that his EQ approach was weak, too forward in certain areas even during the times he wasn't going for the flat RTA printout. It was strident and didn't sound natural at reference levels. He clearly was not taking the Fletcher Munson curve into account for his setup. I also knew that I was digging far lower into the subsonic region without a struggle, and his suffered with limited visceral effect and dynamic presentation. But the kicker, and the thing that he did indeed validate by asking endless questions on "how", was my spacial presentation. Depth is the word, one that LosIsATool doesn't want to use, lol. I completely destroyed him in that regard and he was wearing it on his face with a look of "you would be holding this trophy if you had entered". We talked for quite a while on how he could get some of that magic into his car for a stronger finish in the next event.

That's about as arrogant as I'm able to get but I know my talents and spacial cues are my specialty. Now tell me, smart guy(Los), without Googling it, what the key is to doing that.

Ha, that's humorous right there. I'm going to bask in that for a moment and picture the egg on his face.
He somehow thinks that what he is currently doing is different from what he was doing while on the JL drank. And in the future when he sees the light on this topic, he'll have to retrace his steps again.

People with trophies (little *****/big mouths). Reminds me of an event I went to in Madison. I showed up with my ride simply to check out the entrants and see what people had thrown together. The show was good and the winner had a solid setup. I spent some time in his seat and was very impressed overall. But I knew I had him beat in three particular areas and I was totally in shock. I wanted to validate this and invited him to have a seat in my vehicle for an extended session. He gave me that look like, "sure, I'll humor you while I hold my trophy". I knew that his EQ approach was weak, too forward in certain areas even during the times he wasn't going for the flat RTA printout. It was strident and didn't sound natural at reference levels. He clearly was not taking the Fletcher Munson curve into account for his setup. I also knew that I was digging far lower into the subsonic region without a struggle, and his suffered with limited visceral effect and dynamic presentation. But the kicker, and the thing that he did indeed validate by asking endless questions on "how", was my spacial presentation. Depth is the word, one that LosIsATool doesn't want to use, lol. I completely destroyed him in that regard and he was wearing it on his face with a look of "you would be holding this trophy if you had entered". We talked for quite a while on how he could get some of that magic into his car for a stronger finish in the next event.

That's about as arrogant as I'm able to get but I know my talents and spacial cues are my specialty. Now tell me, smart guy(Los), without Googling it, what the key is to doing that.
Install and tune. Fix the envirement. The envirement is the artifact.

Yes I drank the cool aid. I have zero issue admitting it. It was a wake up call once I learnt I knew nothing.

I will say building a REAL sq car has taught me many lessons. Proven what I thought I knew wrong many times.

I have learnt the equipment means very little. From amp topology to fluffed up cone material.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.