Wow Orion Nice job.

If they where regulated then they would advertise it. I guess audiopipe is regulated also because they do the same thing.
the power difference is 500 watts. therotically in a linear power supply design your amperage increase 2x for every 1/2 of impedance. its either A regulated or B just WAY overbuilt but it leads me to believe its regulated since it doesn't come close to doubling power.

It leads me to believe the power supply is weak. Which the price does indicate. If it was regulated as I said it would be advertised and it would be much more expensive.
the power supply is weak but its doing well over 3k @ 1ohm. which leads me to believe people are ABUSING the **** out of them. they aren't over built like the HCCA but they are definitely decent for the money. amp probably cost 140 to build and they are selling for 300. you might be right it might not be regulated but its definitaly putting out some wicked power @ 2ohm and its 70% efficient. for that amount of money to get a solid 2500 @ 2ohm is a excellent deal. Ive seen 5kws clamp 2k @ 2.8 ohm wired to 1 ohm this amp would do the same numbers on the same load for half the price granted to can supply it 220 amps..

It's got nothing to do with not being a DD amp.

I would love to see these amps do well, I'd swap over to them in a heart beat. That 500x4 HCCA would already be in the car.

But the dyno shows they are made cheap. What this XTR did on the dyno mirrors what stuff like Audiopipe and hifonics does.

Maybe the HCCA is better, can't say yes or no at this point.

It's got nothing to do with not being a DD amp. I would love to see these amps do well, I'd swap over to them in a heart beat. That 500x4 HCCA would already be in the car.

But the dyno shows they are made cheap. What this XTR did on the dyno mirrors what stuff like Audiopipe and hifonics does.

I'm just messing with you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

It's got nothing to do with not being a DD amp. I would love to see these amps do well, I'd swap over to them in a heart beat. That 500x4 HCCA would already be in the car.

uhm. how does it mirror what audiopipe and hifonics do when it does WAAAY more than rated certified?. If you turn it down slightly the efficiency is back in full force. the 2200 barely pulls current in CSCstang's ride.

uhm. how does it mirror what audiopipe and hifonics do when it does WAAAY more than rated certified?. If you turn it down slightly the efficiency is back in full force. the 2200 barely pulls current in CSCstang's ride.
I was referring to the big gain on dynamic.

If audiopipe called it like it is then it would be the same

Amps make power. They have to pull current on a (somewhat) stable voltage to do that. This thing made over 6700 real world watts @ 1ohm and that is going to take a good bit of current no matter what topology it is and how well the power supply is built. I call them real world watts because, let's face it, we all touch the limits of what our equipment can do and that means you tolerate a bit of "dirty" once in a while for the sake of showing off or competing, or just goin ham on a good song because you had a good/bad day. Not sure if you guys saw the 7500+ @ .8 ohm figure out to the far right of his results sheet or not but to make 7500 on that dollar amount and that footprint is pretty impressive. Ain't nobody making 5000-7500 watts and concerning themselves with the lowest distortion possible, anyway.

Someone already said it perfectly; Once you back off the volume knob even a little bit, you're getting back into a much more efficient operating mode. They call it full tilt for a reason and there's no free lunch. You want to run at the lowest impedance and always get the last watt out of your amplifier, then you are not at all concerned with efficiency. Stay away from the last few watts of every amplifier and you've magically stepped into a realm of higher efficiency, lower distortion, lower heat, and better reliability. Just because you own a Bugatti Chiron doesn't mean you're always traveling at 260 MPH. I'm sure if you could map out the efficiency curve against power output and ohm load you would quickly see the sweet spot and everyone would tip their hat to the good deal that this is. Then all you would have to do is use it in that region.

I can't even afford it and I bought one based on the pure power it provides between 4 & 2 ohms. Even my toughest driver load would only present a 1.3-1.6 so this is a good fit for me. Just need to bolster up my electrical a bit before dropping it in, lol.

Amps make power. They have to pull current on a (somewhat) stable voltage to do that. This thing made over 6700 real world watts @ 1ohm and that is going to take a good bit of current no matter what topology it is and how well the power supply is built. I call them real world watts because, let's face it, we all touch the limits of what our equipment can do and that means you tolerate a bit of "dirty" once in a while for the sake of showing off or competing, or just goin ham on a good song because you had a good/bad day. Not sure if you guys saw the 7500+ @ .8 ohm figure out to the far right of his results sheet or not but to make 7500 on that dollar amount and that footprint is pretty impressive. Ain't nobody making 5000-7500 watts and concerning themselves with the lowest distortion possible, anyway.
Someone already said it perfectly; Once you back off the volume knob even a little bit, you're getting back into a much more efficient operating mode. They call it full tilt for a reason and there's no free lunch. You want to run at the lowest impedance and always get the last watt out of your amplifier, then you are not at all concerned with efficiency. Stay away from the last few watts of every amplifier and you've magically stepped into a realm of higher efficiency, lower distortion, lower heat, and better reliability. Just because you own a Bugatti Chiron doesn't mean you're always traveling at 260 MPH. I'm sure if you could map out the efficiency curve against power output and ohm load you would quickly see the sweet spot and everyone would tip their hat to the good deal that this is. Then all you would have to do is use it in that region.

I can't even afford it and I bought one based on the pure power it provides between 4 & 2 ohms. Even my toughest driver load would only present a 1.3-1.6 so this is a good fit for me. Just need to bolster up my electrical a bit before dropping it in, lol.
its definitely not regulated if it did those burst numbers. quite the opposite actually.. lol i didn't watch the whole thing..

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Dynamic is not real world. It dumps the caps in one hit and that's all it's got. With no regard for distortion in the sine wave
music IS DYNAMIC buddy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.