Wiring two amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

R0ID_RAGE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FLORIDA
Trying to figure out a system for a friend and had a quick question. I'm going to run 4awg from the battery to the dist. block in case he ever wants to upgrade. For now, The amps he has are going to be at ~200w each, so I am going to run 8awg from the block to each amp. Should I run 4awg wire straight from the (-) to the grounding site from each amp, or would it be better to run 8awg into a dist. block then 4awg from the block to the grounding site? I know you're never supposed to have a smaller ground than power wire, but didn't know if it made a difference considering the actual wire going into the amps will be 8awg instead of 4.

Nevermind. I think I'll just run the 4awg to the block, 8 from the block to each amp, then run 8awg from each ground terminal to the seat bolt.

Grounds need to be as short as possible, and yes they need to match the positive wire sizing. I would do 8 awg runs for each amp and go directly to the chasis with as short of a run as possible. In your application its not necessary to run a negative back to the battery.

Grounds need to be as short as possible, and yes they need to match the positive wire sizing. I would do 8 awg runs for each amp and go directly to the chasis with as short of a run as possible. In your application its not necessary to run a negative back to the battery.
Can I use this twice, one for the power wires and one for the ground wires?

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=PB-1448

or will it not work properly if I have the ground set up like that with the 8awg ground running from each amp to the dist block and 4awg from the block to the seat bolts?

I love the soundstream block I have with my system, takes care of both (+)and(-)...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.