Distribution block location question when wiring 2 amps

txjeep

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I am wiring two amps in my jeep.
AMP 1: 250 Watts RMS for single sub
AMP 2: 800 Watts RMS for 6 speakers on 6 channel amp

I know I need an inline fuse as close to the battery as possible and this will run on a 200A fuse on O gauge wire.

I will enter a fused distribution box exiting on 4 gauge with 120A to Amp 2 and 8 gauge with 50A on Amp 1. The front channel output wattage on the 6 channel amp exceeds the RMS spec of my speakers, but I'm an adult and this isn't for volume competition.

My question is: Where do I place the power distribution box? Can it be immediately after the inline fuse in the engine compartment, or should it be in the cab?

Thanks for your help.

Nope...not all amps are stable at 2ohms bridged...what you just said could smoke someone's gear and waste their hard earned money...

You need to talk way less and listen more...before your "advice" causes someone to fry their gear or potentially get hurt...

This is certainly where my lack of experience comes in and I appreciate your input. What I was thinking was using this amp:

The plan would be to route the front channel RCA from the head unit to channels 1-4 providing 100w per channel x4 for the front speakers. Then route the rear RCA to channel 5-6 pushing 150w to the 6x9’s. I’m a bit concerned about space and I am not seeing products that would save me money with 2 amps instead of one. Happy to look at suggestions. Thanks.
Great choice on a 6 ch. That amp should serve you well. I picked up an almost Bnew 3k off DIYma a couple months back, and it does well. ive only benched tested it, but looking to get it in another ride on a pair of 12" XFLs I have laying around or maybe a few 10s?

I can’t help myself. I have to pull on this thread...

What does separate amps powering separate speakers using the proper channel output for each speaker have to do with bridgeable amps?

None of the channels are bridged to push more watts to a speaker or a sub.

What does % of power distribution between speakers on separate amps have to do with performance? Is this not a matter of tuning?

Did you read my original question or my equipment list?

Does your comment actually have anything to do with my setup?
I would say it’s confusing, but it actually doesn’t make enough sense to get to confusing.

Would you mind sharing your credentials so I can decide if I should listen to you or ignore you?

I’m new here but is there a moderator who can weigh in?

I can’t help myself. I have to pull on this thread...

What does separate amps powering separate speakers using the proper channel output for each speaker have to do with bridgeable amps?

None of the channels are bridged to push more watts to a speaker or a sub.

What does % of power distribution between speakers on separate amps have to do with performance? Is this not a matter of tuning?

Did you read my original question or my equipment list?

Does your comment actually have anything to do with my setup?
I would say it’s confusing, but it actually doesn’t make enough sense to get to confusing.

Would you mind sharing your credentials so I can decide if I should listen to you or ignore you?

I’m new here but is there a moderator who can weigh in?
Just ignore Red...he's wealth of useless to dangerous advice...all without knowing what he's talking about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

txjeep

CarAudio.com Newbie
txjeep
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views