Wiring Subs in Box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Do it up!!!! You can just get a cheap little tiny tube of it for like $2 at Wal-Mart. You won't need much at all so don't buy a big tube to throw away 95% of the kaulking. Just about anything will work.
I'm excited now. haha. I might even have some caulk at home which makes it even better. I probably wouldn't use liquid nails though. That stuff just doesn't work for me. haha

I'm excited now. haha. I might even have some caulk at home which makes it even better. I probably wouldn't use liquid nails though. That stuff just doesn't work for me. haha
Leave a bit of extra wire in the box cuz once you kaulk it there it'll hold it. So keep a bit extra in case you need to strip off some more wire for some reason. I usually leave about a extra 6-10" of wire in the box.

Leave a bit of extra wire in the box cuz once you kaulk it there it'll hold it. So keep a bit extra in case you need to strip off some more wire for some reason. I usually leave about a extra 6-10" of wire in the box.
Sounds good. Now to get out of work and go home and do this already. The weather is finally halfway decent so I have an opportunity lol

Sounds good. Now to get out of work and go home and do this already. The weather is finally halfway decent so I have an opportunity lol
Sounds good! Report back with results / pics.

And lucky bastard its rainin here. Like it has been for the whole last week. :/

Oh trust me, I know. It's been absolutely MISERABLE in NY this whole week. Between rain and absolutely freezing temperatures.
It hasn't been too terribly cold here. Like mid 40's. So not cold enough to freeze anything or nothin like that, but still too cold for may!!!

It hasn't been too terribly cold here. Like mid 40's. So not cold enough to freeze anything or nothin like that, but still too cold for may!!!
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely one for the cold and winter. I love it. I'm a January baby. But this is just ridiculous now. I thought it was going to start snowing with how cold it's been.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely one for the cold and winter. I love it. I'm a January baby. But this is just ridiculous now. I thought it was going to start snowing with how cold it's been.
Jeeze. And I thought south Dakota was bad.... Lol I hate the cold. Can't wait to turn 18 and move somewhere warm!

Jeeze. And I thought south Dakota was bad.... Lol I hate the cold. Can't wait to turn 18 and move somewhere warm!
If that's the case, NY is a negative for you. When its cold, it's COLD! haha. And a little update, I returned that prefab with no issues. Haha. $100 for a prefab vs $140 for a real box. I might as well spend the extra $40 and have it done right and have my investments sound as nice as they should. So Starr Mountain is going to be building my box once I get him the dimensions of my trunk. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If that's the case, NY is a negative for you. When its cold, it's COLD! haha. And a little update, I returned that prefab with no issues. Haha. $100 for a prefab vs $140 for a real box. I might as well spend the extra $40 and have it done right and have my investments sound as nice as they should. So Starr Mountain is going to be building my box once I get him the dimensions of my trunk. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You spent 100$ on a prefab?

All tjis for nothing lol
Wow.... Lol

Basically. My apologies.

Yes unfortunately I did. I got it from Best Lie. I was going to use it for like 2-3 weeks and then get one built but then realized how much I paid for the **** thing. Not worth it.
Yeah that's ridiculous for a prefab. Only prefab iv ever baught was for 10$. And that was just to resell it later for 50$. Haha

Yeah that's ridiculous for a prefab. Only prefab iv ever baught was for 10$. And that was just to resell it later for 50$. Haha
I wouldn't mind if it was $10. haha. Now that's a profit. lol. I wanted one for a temp "fix" I guess you could say. Oh well. I'd rather do it right the first time.

I wouldn't mind if it was $10. haha. Now that's a profit. lol. I wanted one for a temp "fix" I guess you could say. Oh well. I'd rather do it right the first time.
It's always best to just do it right the first time in car audio. Will save you a buncha money in the long run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.