Guys i need your help!!!

jar1zx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I don't know what the hell to do.

I made a bigger box for my subs but now my sundown 1500 saz acts like a 1500 watt amp and slams my volt meter in 3-8 secs before I would get 20-30 secs

I have a quad cab 05 gmc sierra truck and there is no room for a extra batt any place close to the amp, sub box takes up all of behind rear seat and I have a amp under both rear seats. not crazy about putting a batt under seat anyways. I have done the big 3 and a run of 0gauge to amp. red top under hood. I might be able to fab something on passenger side close to fire wall under the hood for a extra batt

All the ho alts on ebay everyone says is junk. The mechman alt at 500-700+ is out of my price range for now. The few Alt guys I talked to in the past said you can upgrade a alt but will not get the charge at idle.

I am completely at a loss of what to do. Any help would be appreciated

turn down the gain....
Gain is set pretty close. I'll check it again

But I'm wanting to use the amp not shut it off. Both amps max fuse ratings would be around 200 amps and alt puts out 125 amps

That's not including the the truck running or the hid lights. Seems to me my fix would be a cheaper HO alt that really works or finding a way to add a extra batt.

I mean ****! Some one out there has to have done what I have and they found a way to make it work I wish one of them would chime in

Just got lucky a buddy helped me out and ordered a DC 270amp for me and is giving me 3 weeks to pay him back:cool:

Later on I will upgrade the batt under the hood to the biggest SAMs agm batt I can fit in

Maybe this will be good enuff.

Any one think I should get a volt meter?

Just got lucky a buddy helped me out and ordered a DC 270amp for me and is giving me 3 weeks to pay him back:cool:

Later on I will upgrade the batt under the hood to the biggest SAMs agm batt I can fit in

Right now I'm using a bolt as a ground I know it's not the best and I will soon ground straight to the frame. But it wasn't a big problem till I changed box from half a cube per sub to .8 per sub man the amp turned into a beast

I will ground straight to frame before the dc alt gets in and till then I can't turn it up anyways

My alt that came with truck is a crappy reman that's real weak. I can't wait to hear how my system does with better power it sounds pretty good right now but I don't want to risk messing up a bunch of stuff due to voltage drops so ill just keep volume down till alt gets in

Just got lucky a buddy helped me out and ordered a DC 270amp for me and is giving me 3 weeks to pay him back:cool:Later on I will upgrade the batt under the hood to the biggest SAMs agm batt I can fit in

Get a volt meter. Hook it up by the amp so you see the voltage your amp is actually getting. Like I hooked my old one up in the terminal with the power wire so it was right there and worked good.

Anyone else having problem with ipad posting twice?
I think a lot of ppl are having that problem. In like half of the threads on here right now there's at least one comment about the double post. Lol

Just got lucky a buddy helped me out and ordered a DC 270amp for me and is giving me 3 weeks to pay him back:cool:Later on I will upgrade the batt under the hood to the biggest SAMs agm batt I can fit in

That will be plenty for a single 1500. I ran 4 3500's off a single 270 with a LOT more batts...

Last week I clicked on to DC' face book and seen a dual alt kit that comes with the 270 Xp and all the stuff to hook it up

I called them 1st thing today and they changed my order to the dual alt kit for the price they have listed on face book. Saved me some cash Over buying bracket by its self. Great company great customer support I am impressed. And they have parts in and should ship out alts in a few days! I knew I was in for a wait but they told me they were waiting on parts the day I ordered the alt.

This is going to work great for me running two alts. I pull trailers with my truck extra lights,brakes and now I don't have to worry about hooking up a winch or a big power inverter with factory alt and the DC 270 I should have plenty to spare. I'm just going to say DC for the win and can't wait till it gets here and I hook it up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.