Wiring in amp to bose system...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Steve19Ohio

Ok here is what I have installed in my 01 Audi TT Coupe

Audi Concert Model: 8N0 035 186 A

Bose Sound System Model: 3511

Both came with the car from the factory. I wan to add a 12” sub in the trunk but I would like to keep the stuff I have in there already. The only issue is that the speaker wires coming from the head unit use a common ground wire. So how to I wire in my amp? Do I just connect both ground wires to this one? Any help would be great. Thanks…

Oh the AMP I want to install in addition to what I have is a Kenwood KAC-5204. Thanks again….

Hear is the pinout for the headunit

View attachment 26521987

Yes sorry not to clarify that. The amp has speaker lvl inputs I would like to use. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The amp I want to install is a 2 channel amp. So it has Left and Right both with separate grounds. However the head unit has only one ground for all speakers. Sorry for not being clear. I don't know much about car audio.

hey i just installed a 15 inch in my a4 and i used a Line out converter or a speaker level input (my amp had it) i got the signal from the rear speaker tapped into it. then i ran the remote wire to the factory amp that was in the back with the 6 disk. then ran the power to the battery like normal. everything works as of now. im not sure if its the best way to do it but it works for what i want. you might want to do some more research but i hope this helped thanks.

hey i just installed a 15 inch in my a4 and i used a Line out converter or a speaker level input (my amp had it) i got the signal from the rear speaker tapped into it. then i ran the remote wire to the factory amp that was in the back with the 6 disk. then ran the power to the battery like normal. everything works as of now. im not sure if its the best way to do it but it works for what i want. you might want to do some more research but i hope this helped thanks.
Thanks for the info. but I'm sorry to say I have no rear speakers. I have woofers that come out of the amp in the back. The thing is I can't splice into them because I read that Bose has a Mic in my car to automatically adjust the bass so I can't blow my speakers. So if I were to tap into that my amp would be controlled by the Bose amp... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.