Help wiring hybrid capacitor.....

Participant count
  • Participant list
I bought a power Acoustik 10farad cap that had no manual and i have a couple of questions i need help with. This hybrid has terminal labeled positive and negative input/output. Is this wired right?

Positive input: comes from #2 battery with fuse between

Positive Output: goes to amp positive terminal

Negative input: comes from grounded chassis (all 4 amps and #2 battery grounded in same location)

Negative Output: goes to amp ground wire terminal

remote: is the switch that when powered turns on cap

back when... I read something about having to use a charge card with the capasator before hooking it up directly to 12v positive...

but nobody realley cares.

because nobody uses cap. here. they are a waste of power that cost money.

This is in a 2002 Ford F250 crewcab. I have a battery isolator going to a deep cycle battery with 600cold cranking amps then to fuses then to these amps-

mids & highs 2-Orion 2100(2x100watt rms @4ohm)

1 pair Kenwood 6.5" componets with tweets in front column, 1 pair Polk 6x8 in rear

midbass 1-Orion 1200d (1x1200 rms @ 1 ohm)

2-Alphasonik 10" dual 4ohm vc in sealed box at .7 cubic ft under rear seat

bass 1-Orion 2500d (1x2500 rms @ 1 ohm)

1-Eclipse 15" titanium dual 4ohm vc in slotted box 5cubic ft tuned to 31hz in bed of truck (right now I am planning on a shell but may do a cut through into cab)

Will just the battery be enough for this? this is not for spl just my weekend vehicle and proud of it.

I think a battery will be just fine for your application but It would be better to give us the Amp Hours AH instead of the CCA. youre not running a ton of power and Ive seen people run more than that with one battery (aka me lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.