Wiring Help Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

hamman565

i just got a crunch v1000 amp and a dimond audio sub from my cousin. its hooked up to my dual cd deck. ive never installed nething like this b4 but my frined and i did cause he knows how. the only prob i have is that the amp stays on and drains my battery. the remote wire was hooked up to the 12V black wire behind my cd player. but since im retarded i found out that it must be hooked up to my power attena because thts the same as the REM wire the book said. the power cable is ran from my battery to my amp but the only way it works is if the single power wire touches both the REM and Power tabs on the side of the amp. i dont know why but that wire just has to touch each one. im probably just retarded and dont kno wht im doing but as you can see i need help i want my amp and light on my cd deck to turn off with the car so i dont have to worry about the battery draining. please help me

i actually figured it out since i had the power wire running to both the REM and 12v on the amp i just took it off the REM input on the amp because i thought about it. it was just making a jumper and completeing the circut which caused the power from the battery to travel threw each wire and light both the sub and cd deck on. so now i just have the rem hooked up where its soposed to and the 12 volt where its soposed and it works now! lol it might be confusing but it worked now!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.