Installing new rca ends

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bigrick31
10+ year member

Carpe Diem
Mid*Cal
So the Rcas in my Gfs car broke. basically the ends just snapped in half. so i went to a car sterio shop and they just gave me new ends because i know one of the guys who works there. so now i have replacement rca ends they unscrew and somehow im suposed to soulder the 3 pairs of wires that are in the rca wire to these new rca ends but i have no idea how or where they attach to. can anyone help?

you know elias we finally hooked up your bros brahma 15 in bucks car today after about 6 months of it sitting in his room

From what i can see on my RCA's ( clear ends) that i have next to me there is one wire that goes to the center pin and one that goes to the outer sleeve.

No idea what the third one is for

From what i can see on my RCA's ( clear ends) that i have next to me there is one wire that goes to the center pin and one that goes to the outer sleeve.No idea what the third one is for
it sort of looks like there is a center spot to attach the bare wire in the rca and then there are 2 arms that come out i guess the 2 insulated wires attach to that but im not possitive.

I totally forgot he sold it to him
yea he got box dimensions from adire and he got the wood cut. so i assembeled it for him only to find out its to big to fit. so i took my die grinder and cut out part of his rear deck so that the 15 could fit. but now it sounds pretty good. just gotta deaden the cr@p out of the car and it will be a lot better.

the wood is right on. he never though to see if the box would fit in the trunk. but I made it fit. there was no way a wooden box was getting in there. maybe a fiberglass box but now its no problem. i did a nice job of cutting nice and straight. went through 2 disks though

ok here are some pics

000_0030.jpg

000_0031.jpg

000_0032.jpg

000_0033.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.