Wiring a DVC as one ohm.

Participant count
  • Participant list

chrisgreenm13

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a mono amp, with two outputs (one channel), and a dual voice coil 2 ohm subwoofer. (Which I assume means each voice coil is 2 ohms.) I was looking at this wiring diagram to make it act as one ohm, and was wondering if this affected the power I can put to it? I want it to be one ohm so my amp can put more power until I can get a new amp that has two channels and bridge them. Does wiring it like this work? And will it damage anything?

Attachments

• 65001C69-60FA-47C9-AD00-0ABB6DA774C6.jpeg
    65001C69-60FA-47C9-AD00-0ABB6DA774C6.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 3,674
I want it to be one ohm so my amp can put more power until I can get a new amp that has two channels and bridge them. Does wiring it like this work? And will it damage anything?

Yes it works. No it won't damage anything as long as you wire it correctly.

Don't buy a 2 channel amp for a subwoofer. Monoblocks are best suited for subwoofers and much easier to find with higher power output.

Yes it works. No it won't damage anything as long as you wire it correctly.

[/URL]

Don't buy a 2 channel amp for a subwoofer. Monoblocks are best suited for subwoofers and much easier to find with higher power output.

alright, I’ll save up for a mono that can handle more rms. My sub takes 600 rms, and at one ohm my amp can do 400, which isn’t ideal but should work I suppose. Just won’t sound as good and I’ll make sure not to clip it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...