WinISD questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

terifi
10+ year member

your average stereo junky
downloaded WinISD, and filled in most of the info, however, i could not find the variables....

What does Z stand for, it wants ohm units, but what is it?

SPL?, wants decibels

PE?, wants watts

also for Xmax, and Diameter does it want Meters, b/c i am only given mm on my sheet, so i move the decimal 4 places to the right? so for xmax it should be like .001191 b/c it gives me 11.91mm?

Originally posted by terifi downloaded WinISD, and filled in most of the info, however, i could not find the variables....

What does Z stand for, it wants ohm units, but what is it?

SPL?, wants decibels

PE?, wants watts

also for Xmax, and Diameter does it want Meters, b/c i am only given mm on my sheet, so i move the decimal 4 places to the right? so for xmax it should be like .001191 b/c it gives me 11.91mm?
The measurement in WInISD can be changed by clicking on it.. if it's 11.91mm, then change the required measurement by just clicking on the m, cm, mm, ft, yd, in, whatever...

Originally posted by Jmac You should use WinISD Pro ... WinISD is a waste of time :p
But WInISD pro is still an alpha version isn't it? I eman, it's not yet complete or something... guess I'll try to look for it right now...

Originally posted by Jmac The only thing it's missing is the ability to get a print out of the numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Pro is still much better, even though it's a first edition ...
ah~~~~

thanks again, O wise one:)

Originally posted by terifi Thanks, but anything about Z, SPL, or PE?
z= the speaker ohm (or was that nominal ohm's)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

SPL refers to the sensitivity of the speaker eg.: 89Db, 92Db (or was that SN/ratio or dB @1w/1m?)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

and PE is the operating power ( was that RMS or peak)?

Jmac, please clear this up for us..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif hehe...

Originally posted by Jmac Z = Nominal resistance

SPL = Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 M, not 2.83 V @ 1 M)

PE = Thermal Power handling
J,

about the PE... the ROckford technical data sheet states both RMS and peak for operating power (PE) and in winisd, I've always used the RMS to be safe...

what do you recommend? would it matter a great deal if these numbers change?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.