2006 stereo upgrade questions?

Thanks audiobaun,
I will definitely look into the scroll fan for a little insurance. You have made this install painless other than on the wallet. But I knew that going in

Thanks for all your help.

Booger

Thanks audiobaun,
I will definitely look into the scroll fan for a little insurance. You have made this install painless other than on the wallet. But I knew that going in

Thanks for all your help.

Booger
Ill try to recommend what Ive done myself that works and has worked to keep others from dealing with the issues Ive had and obstacles. Car Audio can get expensive, just as everything has these days from buying food to feed the family or even oneself,gas prices and general bills. That little bit of insurance of putting in a fan to help keep that amp running cooler will also help with it lasting a bit longer too. Those are easy to install on a flat surface as you have here. They dont blow or move 100+ CFM but enough to serve its purpose. These have actual bearing in them and Stainles steel blades

Amazon product ASIN B0059BCWGU

They used to be like $20 bucks and i picked up like 12 of them at one time, They have lasted a long time,never had any issues with them

Well I got the speaker wire ran and rca cables tucked. Damnnnn those speaker wires are a *****. I drilled through the molex on the passeger side. I couldnt go through it on the drvers side so I kinda tucked it on the top of it between where it plugs into the body and goes through the boot to the door. I dont think it is pinched damn it *****. Hahaha hopefully its over now. Still waiting on the 4 gauge wire and the mini atl for the amp in the back. Damn it. No tunes right now as i cut and sealed off the wires from the head unit to the speakers.

Booger

lol Welcome to stereo installs! For some of us that have been doing this for close to 35+ years in cars & boats we've all been where you are at. And trust me the newer the vehicle the worse it gets with how Car Manufacturers try to do everything they can to stop us from upgrading with all their integrated bs they do these days. GL!

lol Welcome to stereo installs! For some of us that have been doing this for close to 35+ years in cars & boats we've all been where you are at. And trust me the newer the vehicle the worse it gets with how Car Manufacturers try to do everything they can to stop us from upgrading with all their integrated bs they do these days. GL!
:D :D :D :D 😚😚. LOL. Right on man. Ive done quite a few vehicles that Ive said I wouldnt do again, and there it was again.LOL.. Ive seen sodas fly, screwdrivers stuck in walls,drills hanging off roof rafters ect.LOL. All those door wire boots Uggh.. A drill and a1/2" Gromment or 3/8/Done man.LOL

Well I got the speaker wire ran and rca cables tucked. Damnnnn those speaker wires are a *****. I drilled through the molex on the passeger side. I couldnt go through it on the drvers side so I kinda tucked it on the top of it between where it plugs into the body and goes through the boot to the door. I dont think it is pinched damn it *****. Hahaha hopefully its over now. Still waiting on the 4 gauge wire and the mini atl for the amp in the back. Damn it. No tunes right now as i cut and sealed off the wires from the head unit to the speakers.

Booger
Man you got it Whipped. Running wiring and sound proofing are the hardest to get done to me. Time consuming,and some patience needed but well worth it in the end. This is also why running your Supply for the demand (supply wire) only once well wort the extra few dollars of the expense to have the bit larger. It takes some patience for sure. but take your time man. try not to rush it. There have been times that an old Ipod has worked well enough for me until I got some tune inside my vehicle. Served its purpose.LOL Keep at it.. your almost there man😚😚:poop:

Ohhhhh this is such a true statement. It ***** that they have to be such ********. But I guess I showed them🤪😜😛 . It could of been a commercial on why to use the dealership yesterday🤪🤪

Booger

Man you got it Whipped. Running wiring and sound proofing are the hardest to get done to me. Time consuming,and some patience needed but well worth it in the end. This is also why running your Supply for the demand (supply wire) only once well wort the extra few dollars of the expense to have the bit larger. It takes some patience for sure. but take your time man. try not to rush it. There have been times that an old Ipod has worked well enough for me until I got some tune inside my vehicle. Served its purpose.LOL Keep at it.. your almost there man😚😚:poop:
Yup fingers are crossed. Then it'll be time for tuning my new amp questions. I guess when I 1st fire it up I'll want the gains pretty low just to make sure everything is ok?

Any thoughts on where to mount this?

Attachments

• 20231004_103457.jpg
    20231004_103457.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 11
Any thoughts on where to mount this?
#1-You can actually ZipTie it on the top or side of the batteries carry handle, I would do both sides where the wire is just before the fuse is best with the fuse holder sitting along the handle near positive location.
#2/If you have enough wiring left to reach the battery. I would screw it on that plastic housing sideways by the fender and behind that fuse panel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...