Box for e K's

Participant count
  • Participant list

xjmadness
10+ year member

The beauty of green
ATL
alright Jmac or whoever else can help me...

what size box would i need for 2 10" dual 2 ohm elemental K's and for 2 12" dual 2 ohm Elemental K's(still deciding what size sub im going to get :p)

alright i just got the max dimensions for the box.

W=32 in

H=16 in

D=16 in

this is the max i would like to go a little smaller if possible :p

remember its for 2 subs not just 1 .

what do the specs for the sub say each sub wants for volume? ...multiply that by two and add 2x speaker displacment, and theres the total volume you want!

they only have the specs for dual 4 ohm not dual 2 ohm. gay. or is there no difference in box size between dual 4 and dual 2?

small box is the recommende smallest u can build....daily driver is for the everyday person (not for competitions) and audiophile is for those who want extreme SQ.

what type of SQ/SPL mix are u looking for?

NG

also how do u tune a box?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

do u have a preference on ported or sealed. Sealed is the best for SQ, but ported can sound great too and be louder than sealed. Ur building the box urself, right? If u r then i suggest a small sealed for the

better SQ. what are the max dimensions u have to work with?

NG

ya im going to try to build it myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i impressed my dad when i told him that iwas goingto build it myself. anyways i will definitely go w/ sealed since its the eziest to build.

max dimensions are.

W= 30 in

D= 12 in

H= 14 in

kind of odd terms....but what basicly the first two options are for someone who wants some bass, but doesn't want to loose all of their space...if you have the room i would go with the Audiophile type.....so if there are 10's you want 1.0 ft^3 + the 2x driver displacemnt.....probably design something around 1.25-1.5 cu ft if they are 10's.....1.75-2.25 cu ft for 12's.....sealed volume is not real exact....get it in the range the sub wants and your "generally" going to be ok....your only going to be tuning if you port, which i wouldn't recomend for the first enclosure.

alright so im going to go w/ the audiophile size box.

another Q popped into my head.bracing..... is just one piece of wood in between the two subs a good enough brace?maybe even double to make it 1 1/2 in thick?

i would recommend a box that has the cubes evo suggested, but separate chambers(so his recommended cubes for each chamber)....one for each sub. so then the "bracing" for the box could actually be the divider that separates the chambers. Only on piece, so 3/4" thick

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.