winisd is not accurate?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
Is it just me or does this program not model accurately? Based on my experiences and what I've seen across the internet, it seems like the frequency response that it shows is usually bloated for a given size, and that the box volume has to be much bigger in reality. Seems like the only box it will model somewhat correctly is a sealed box.

What do you guys think?

I've had good results with it. The big wild card is the acoustics of your vehicle. You will need to test several boxes to get a feel for the peaks and nulls your particular vehicle creates and of course just changing the position and orientation of the box in the vehicle can also have dramatic effect on your response.

All of these box design softwares use the same mathematical formulas that have been around for 50 years now and to the best of my knowledge they have not been refuted or improved upon since then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...