Will this amp work

Agreed, he got his questioned answered but at the expense of other people's dignity. I would like to think we are all adults and we should be able to talk without saying childish things about other people's products. I understand I have a cheap amp but my entire system is cheap. People on a budget also need help and aren't looking for others, ON A CAR AUIDO FORUM, to make fun of thier equipment. That is so childish especially from people I would think are audio experts. Like I said in my last post on a topic I started, I'll find a more noobish forum where people are a little bit more respectful of people's budget equipment. I appreciate you being an adult, fifth. ✌🏽 
That's fine. You did get help in the other thread. I'm not sure you're going to be able to go anywhere on the internet without catching some hell? Maybe you should try not to get offended idk. I usually say f#$k em if I get offended and just ignore them. Idk if ya change your mind you can simply pm me if I can't help you I can point you to someone who can.  

Snowflakes.  Maybe try Facebook audio groups. They are much nicer and full of people that KNOW their $99 amps put out 3000 watts rms. 😂

As for the budget build comment. All my builds have been budget builds....   The subwoofers and amp he was looking at was $550. I suggested a different amp and subwoofers for guess how much???? $510..   So f**k outta here with that ********.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snowflakes.  Maybe try Facebook audio groups. They are much nicer and full of people that KNOW their $99 amps put out 3000 watts rms. 😂

As for the budget build comment. All my builds have been budget builds....   The subwoofers and amp he was looking at was $550. I suggested a different amp and subwoofers for guess how much???? $510..   So f**k outta here with that ********.
3000 watts? Who the hell said anything about thier 99 buck amp pushing 3000 watts? My amp is 99 bucks and pushes 800 watts at 2 ohms. My system as a whole is under 400 bucks. And to clarify, he already had the subs and was JUST looking for an AMP. So know your facts before you start telling people to get the F outta here. You may know your audio but you sure are a dick! Grow up 

3000 watts? Who the hell said anything about thier 99 buck amp pushing 3000 watts? My amp is 99 bucks and pushes 800 watts at 2 ohms. My system as a whole is under 400 bucks. And to clarify, he already had the subs and was JUST looking for an AMP. So know your facts before you start telling people to get the F outta here. You may know your audio but you sure are a dick! Grow up 
Unless there is an amp dyno proving that amp does rated power its probably more like 400-500w. Power Acoustik amps don't make rated power and sucker people that don't know any better into thinking they are getting more than they actually are. That is the main reason why 99.9999% of members on here frown upon cheap equipment. You don't get what you are paying for. 

"kNoW yOuR fAcTs" STFU.  People buy **** all the time and take the garbage back after getting feedback on here.  Guess you missed his last thread looking for an amp where I gave him links to 6 budget amps that do more than rated power at 2 ohms.  You think i'm being a dick? Nahhh I just tell it how it is.  Wait until I have a few drinks tonight and get on here...

2019ers...  :wallbash:

Unless there is an amp dyno proving that amp does rated power its probably more like 400-500w. Power Acoustik amps don't make rated power and sucker people that don't know any better into thinking they are getting more than they actually are. That is the main reason why 99.9999% of members on here frown upon cheap equipment. You don't get what you are paying for. 
Understood. I never once said that I have an all mighty powerful amp pushing my subs at some rediculous amount of watts and I only paid 100 bucks for it. My system is a little guy and I understand that but don't insult my intelligence. I have a multimeter, I have an oscilloscope so I have some sense of what I'm doing. If there is concerns about how someone's equipment will preform, there are ways other than calling thier equipment **** to tell them. Just sayin. 

"kNoW yOuR fAcTs" STFU.  People buy **** all the time and take the garbage back after getting feedback on here.  Guess you missed his last thread looking for an amp where I gave him links to 6 budget amps that do more than rated power at 2 ohms.  You think i'm being a dick? Nahhh I just tell it how it is.  Wait until I have a few drinks tonight and get on here...

2019ers...  :wallbash:
You STFU! We are on this thread, not the last one. I suggest to start drinking now because it sounds like you need it. 👍🏾 

Understood. I never once said that I have an all mighty powerful amp pushing my subs at some rediculous amount of watts and I only paid 100 bucks for it. My system is a little guy and I understand that but don't insult my intelligence. I have a multimeter, I have an oscilloscope so I have some sense of what I'm doing. If there is concerns about how someone's equipment will preform, there are ways other than calling thier equipment **** to tell them. Just sayin. 
With all that equipment you're only a clamp meter away from being able to measure the actual power your amp is producing. There's nothing wrong with a low powered setup, just know what you have, if it seems to good to be true it most likely is. Be very suspicious of power ratings and reliability on sub $150 amps. 

As for your theory on adding up your subwoofer RMS total and multiplying by 1.20 to get how much power you need in a amplifier that is not correct. 

My subwoofers add up to 6000 rms. 6000 x 1.20 = 7200 rms. 

My amps dyno 2880 rms each. = 11,520 watts rms. 

I clamped 6200 watts rms out of all 4 of my amps strapped.

Box rise plays a large factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for your theory on adding up your subwoofer RMS total and multiplying by 1.20 to get how much power you need in a amplifier that is not correct. 

My subwoofers add up to 6000 rms. 6000 x 1.20 = 7200 rms. 

My amps dyno 2880 rms each. = 11,520 watts rms. 

I clamped 6200 watts rms out of all 4 of my amps strapped.

Box rise plays a large factor.
My theory was for subs and amps pushing under 1500 watts. What you have to do for something pushing that many watts, I have no idea about. I stay in my own lane. That's why I even said something on this thread in the first place and another reason I joined this forum. If I did wanna expand or upgrade my system, I could get questions answered. I meant no disrespect with my first post on this thread. I was just blown away by the disrespect to the man's original question and felt the need to say something about it. 

My theory was for subs and amps pushing under 1500 watts. What you have to do for something pushing that many watts, I have no idea about. I stay in my own lane. That's why I even said something on this thread in the first place and another reason I joined this forum. If I did wanna expand or upgrade my system, I could get questions answered. I meant no disrespect with my first post on this thread. I was just blown away by the disrespect to the man's original question and felt the need to say something about it. 
Impedance rise doesn't go away running under 1500 watts.

How is this disrespect?   Simple and to the point. Even gave him the option of much much better equipment for LESS money. 😆

"None of that equipment is worth it.

That Rockville amp has fusing at 80 amps. It will not do 1500 rms.

For $550 I would buy a Wolfram C-2400.1 and two CAB-12s. Use the remaining money to build a box for them."

Impedance rise doesn't go away running under 1500 watts.

How is this disrespect?   Simple and to the point. Even gave him the option of much much better equipment for LESS money. 😆

"None of that equipment is worth it.

That Rockville amp has fusing at 80 amps. It will not do 1500 rms.

For $550 I would buy a Wolfram C-2400.1 and two CAB-12s. Use the remaining money to build a box for them."
It was a theory that has done me well so far with low level systems. I've owned a few but I don't know anything about impendence rise. Something I'll definitely need to ask about lol but for the disrespectful comments, that's exactly what was said. CommentS. I never once said it was you. There are definitely a few though.

You think it has done you well but I can bet you aren't seeing close to the power you think you are.

Clamping amp output and going on the meter for the first time with a new setup are two things that can make you cry in car audio 😂

youdoofus said:
the wolfram is the darling of the big power for subwoofers game right now and everyone who has bought one and is active on here or the FB pages seems to have high success rates with them, An alternative to that amp since its on preorder is the SoundQubed S1-2250. https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-2250/  same price, but built in china. Id personally get the wolfram, but if you give the SQ amp good juice from the battery, itll blow you away. Also you could go with a slightly leeser sub for less cash and get these https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xd-1244-12-inch-500w-rms-dvc-4-ohm-subwoofer.html for $87 each and put them in a good box. Also build your own box, even if it intimidates you. It will sound 1000x better than a prefab and save you a ton of cash. There are some prefabs you can get that are tuned to the correct frequency and theyll sound pretty damn decent, and if you go that way, you wont be upset, but there is more bass to be had in a custom box. 

SSA has free shipping for orders over $100, so the 2 subs will fall into that category easily as well
I can attest to that.  I owned and used a C-2400 for about 2 months or so.  I might have to go out get another one.  I originally had 2 and as plans changed ended up selling both off...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.