Will this amp work

I apologize for being so rude. It's a little out of my character. Idk I guess I got aggravated by you parker4023. I was raised to figure out things for myself and not rely on other people for help unless it was absolutely necessary and if I did need others for help not to demand answers. 

I'm wondering  though as to why the  change to a more complex set up if the old set up was amazing?

Got these subs for free and just wanted to try them 
My advice to you  if this is something you're into there's a lot of good articles on crutchfield and sonicelectronics plus tons of YouTube videos that'll help get you started 

Don't take this sh## so personal and really  try not to demand answers. The majority of the people on this site know what they are talking about. Be a sponge try and have fun with it and good luck. 

The short answer to your question is yes, that amp will work...but it may not be the best choice. The Kicker box seems to present a final 2ohm load to the amp. If the amp does 2k at 1ohm then intheory it should do about 1k on a 2ohm load. that being said Rockville isn't a very established name in car audio. i've been in the industry/hobby for over 20 years and I've never actually seen or met anyone who used that brand.

What i would reccomend is rather than spending X dollars on an amp that is optimized for 1ohm and only using half the power...i would look for a 2ohm optimized amp that puts out 1000-1500rms. Kicker makes some good mono amps, as does Alpine. There is quite a push on this forum to run 'less mainstream' brands, which is fine if the product is good, but getting an off-brand just for the sake of being different doesn't make sense to me.

I would ignore the negative folks on here...it seems like everyone is an expert...in there own mind. When I started my car audio career back in the 90's i asked a lot of 'stupid' questions...that's how you learn. That never really ends...there's always something new to learn.

Fell free to reach out to me with any questions you may have regarding audio/installation. Glance at my build logs and you'll see i do have a fair bit of know-how when it comes to this stuff. Good luck and don't be disheartened by the negativity.

Last edited by a moderator:
NewInconsequentialIguana-size_restricted.gif

The M4 on the dyno had a 200 amp fuse rating and did 1500 at 1 ohm.

The M2 has a 80 amp fuse rating and claims 1500 at 1 ohm. Might see 400 watts at 2 ohms.

I posted multiple 2 ohm amplifiers that would work for you in the last thread you made and ignored all our advise. :)

So my advice is wrong? I see you're a jokester. Unfortunately this isn't a comedy tour and you are no comedian. Just a FYI 👍🏾 
popwarhomie amongst others on this forum do know what they are talking about, and are rarely wrong. i could name drop some others that you dont want to get into a pissing match with if youd like. not saying that to be mean, just to give you a heads up on whose advice to take as literally as humanly possible and take it as pretty much gospel truth

popwarhomie amongst others on this forum do know what they are talking about, and are rarely wrong. i could name drop some others that you dont want to get into a pissing match with if youd like. not saying that to be mean, just to give you a heads up on whose advice to take as literally as humanly possible and take it as pretty much gospel truth
I wasn't trying to get in a pissing match with anyone. I never said his advice was wrong. Instead he said my advice was wrong which I think is BS. You add your two subwoofers rms rating and multiply that number by 1.20 and that usually gives you enough head room on your amps rms rating so the amp doesn't over heat. That was my advice which I know is solid advice to anyone that already bought subs looking for an amp. 

Then he decided to say my advice was wrong because I use a power Acoustik amp and had issues finding the gain. Isn't that what this forum is for? If someone has an issue understanding or finding something as a DIY'er, this is where they should ask, right? If not, what's the point of the forum? 

I wasn't trying to get in a pissing match with anyone. I never said his advice was wrong. Instead he said my advice was wrong which I think is BS. You add your two subwoofers rms rating and multiply that number by 1.20 and that usually gives you enough head room on your amps rms rating so the amp doesn't over heat. That was my advice which I know is solid advice to anyone that already bought subs looking for an amp. 

Then he decided to say my advice was wrong because I use a power Acoustik amp and had issues finding the gain. Isn't that what this forum is for? If someone has an issue understanding or finding something as a DIY'er, this is where they should ask, right? If not, what's the point of the forum? 
I think the issue is what power the subs will actually see taking into consideration ohm load and box rise. The amplifiers rating makes it very questionable as to what it's actually capable of. Not to mention the subs/enclosure quality. That's one of the many issues with most of these cheap amplifiers. Bloated ratings/build quality. Unfortunately for you you have one of these amplifiers which is fine just be aware of what you have. Everyone has different goals and different budgets I think that fact sometimes gets lost.
Ops reaction to others post in the beginning is what got it going in the wrong direction but at the end of the day he got his question answered.

I think the issue is what power the subs will actually see taking into consideration ohm load and box rise. The amplifiers rating makes it very questionable as to what it's actually capable of. Not to mention the subs/enclosure quality. That's one of the many issues with most of these cheap amplifiers. Bloated ratings/build quality. Unfortunately for you you have one of these amplifiers which is fine just be aware of what you have. Everyone has different goals and different budgets I think that fact sometimes gets lost.
Ops reaction to others post in the beginning is what got it going in the wrong direction but at the end of the day he got his question answered.
Agreed, he got his questioned answered but at the expense of other people's dignity. I would like to think we are all adults and we should be able to talk without saying childish things about other people's products. I understand I have a cheap amp but my entire system is cheap. People on a budget also need help and aren't looking for others, ON A CAR AUIDO FORUM, to make fun of thier equipment. That is so childish especially from people I would think are audio experts. Like I said in my last post on a topic I started, I'll find a more noobish forum where people are a little bit more respectful of people's budget equipment. I appreciate you being an adult, fifth. ✌🏽 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.