Will this amp work

It was a theory that has done me well so far with low level systems. I've owned a few but I don't know anything about impendence rise. Something I'll definitely need to ask about lol but for the disrespectful comments, that's exactly what was said. CommentS. I never once said it was you. There are definitely a few though.
emf audio, budget gem or budget bust, and big d wiz are some good you tube channels. Keep in mind when watching an amp Dyno just because an amplifier does rated power doesn't tell the whole story. Build quality for me anyway is very important companies that back their products etc. Personally I wouldn't buy a lot of the amplifiers that have been mentioned in this thread unless I wasn't planning on keep it very long. That all comes down to personal choice.That's just my .02. 

I've used a 500 and a 450 watt rms rated sub on my amp that does well over 1k. So according to your method I should only be using around 600 watts. You don't necessarily need a clamp.You just have to know how to set up your equipment know your equipment and know when to back off when you're pushing things too hard.

emf audio, budget gem or budget bust, and big d wiz are some good you tube channels. Keep in mind when watching an amp Dyno just because an amplifier does rated power doesn't tell the whole story. Build quality for me anyway is very important companies that back their products etc. Personally I wouldn't buy a lot of the amplifiers that have been mentioned in this thread unless I wasn't planning on keep it very long. That all comes down to personal choice.That's just my .02. 

I've used a 500 and a 450 watt rms rated sub on my amp that does well over 1k. So according to your method I should only be using around 600 watts. You don't necessarily need a clamp.You just have to know how to set up your equipment know your equipment and know when to back off when you're pushing things too hard.
My theory doesn't mean you have to stop at that 1.20 multiplier. That's just good rule of thumb for newer people looking for an amp that already own a sub(s) so their sub(s) don't overwork the amp and create heat that the amp doesn't like. 

Overheat the amp. I'm sure you know this but I'm going to say it for me to eleborate. Asking an amp to push too many watts can cause the amp to overheat/overwork which is not good for the amp. 
the person asks the amp to do that (key word person)by trying to get more out the amp then it's capable of. Just to clarify. It's fine to use less power then what the subs are rated for. I'm actually doing it right now. I have a very efficient box I'm using on my amplifier that's rated at 700 watts at 4 ohms. As discussed earlier about box rise I'm hardly putting any power on my two 500 watt rms subs. If anything the amplifier is getting a break from how I normally use it and it preforms pretty good for what it is and how little power the subs are actually seeing. That's were enclosure design comes in.
I get what you're saying all this stuff you have discussed are for people who don't know any better. That's why you see this kind of stuff when you're doing research.  Manufacturers do this kind of stuff to help insure that people that don't know any better f the equipment up.That's why you see the 1.2 or whatever it was.  Just know your equipment and how to set it up is the important thing imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.