Will this amp and dual sub setup pound my chest?

RaceDVS

CarAudio.com Recruit
I'm having my mk 7 GTI sound system revamped, but have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up. I'm posting out of sheer excitement because I keep watching videos on these type r subs and how they warp the stuff around them when they hit.

I'm asking how hard might 2 new alpine R 10" subs in a sealed box with an arc X2 1100.1 monoblock beat in my hatch vs a single ported DC lvl 1 10" on 500 watts from a JL 900/5 hd amp.

Port the alpines and you’ll be much happier. For 2 type r’s you’ll want more power as well.

First and foremost I want killer SQ for the metal and rock that I prefer most of the time, that's why I'm changing to sealed. I do want to feel the power of the subs but still have it incorporate beautifully with the 2 Focal PS 165 FX sets I have in there.

You can get killer SQ with ported as well. But if you really want to go sealed for SQ then I wouldn’t choose the Type R. What’s your budget?

You can get killer SQ with ported as well. But if you really want to go sealed for SQ then I wouldn’t choose the Type R. What’s your budget?

Already dropped another 4 grand and having it worked on... Swapping to arc X2 600.4 and 1100.1 as my new amps (vs JL 900/5 HD I'm getting rid of) and a Sony xav ax 5500 head unit with the wiring harness and ofc the alpine r subs. Hope I didn't make much of a mistake. 😵

I wasn't but I appreciate you! Just wanted to get people with an understanding of these particular items to hype me up 🙃
This is no hyping but is the truth; those TypeRs are going to hit quite hard in that hatchback. In a Ford Explorer they sound brutal because of cabin gain. Metallica, Primus, Korn, Pantera sound especially brutal because of their aggressive kick drums. You sir, have not made a mistake.

4 grand for that "upgrade"!!!.... :oops:..... grab your ankles and bite down on something
2 alpine r 10s, head unit and harness for a mk7 GTI, 2 arc amps and install. Also fixing what car toys did originally by playing with the focal components and mosconi 6 to 8 pro DSP when they don't even carry the two brands and were at first hesitant to look at my system to maybe address my concerns and gain my business... The guy seemed to be honest, straight forward and genuine ( after dealing with multiple car toys stores and associates, he has been a breathe of fresh air) and gave me multiple price points to address my concerns. I picked the more expensive one because I just want it done right with no issues, for the life of my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.