will i get my system installed today?

hope it comes soon, i had ups shipping at around 5 at my old house then when i moved it was around 4 so i think you'll have a good chance

still waitin... shop said they close at 7, hope i make it in time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You'll get it in time if your lucky, I've gotten stuff anywhere from 11:00am, to 3:00pm, or as late as 8:00pm. Good luck! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

came in @ 6 , called the place and its to late but first thing tommorow mornin im out that door , ill get pics tommorow around noonish or whenever i get back, the box looks great got it off ebay (the 30 hz dual 12" L7 box) even came carpeted + i got the terminal thingys so no more runnin wires through the port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... i assumed it wouldent because in the picture it showed it in just wood finish

came in @ 6 , called the place and its to late but first thing tommorow mornin im out that door , ill get pics tommorow around noonish or whenever i get back, the box looks great got it off ebay (the 30 hz dual 12" L7 box) even came carpeted + i got the terminal thingys so no more runnin wires through the port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... i assumed it wouldent because in the picture it showed it in just wood finish
Good luck with your setup and I am expecting pics when I get home tommorow! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

man wtf i just went to the shop and there jerkin me around on prices, first they said it was 50 for an amp install a week ago , now they say its 65 for a 4 guage amp install even though i have the wires already, and they said its a 25 charge for mountin the subwoofer in the box, 25 dollars for screwing a sub into a box and running the wires to the terminals .... i only had about 60ish in cash so i gotta get a quick 40 to go ahead and cover any other costs and hopefully ill get pics before i goto work

**** bro you're gettin ripped off. i'd tell them if they aren't gonna stand firm on their original price, i'll take my business elsewhere. i'm sure they'll negotiate if you threaten to go somewhere else. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Same deal here, except i got the full scoop out of the shop a few weeks ago, rather than the day of the appointment, thank god.

They quoted me $450 for a full install/full rewire of the entire car (head unit, two amps, subs, all four doors rewired and flushmounted)

But then after i told them i had an audi, they told me it was $600, because i was gonna need like 1.25" worth of mdf spacers, and all sorts of custom mounts, etc. etc. to get everything to fit in my doors, because of crazy reinforcements...

Oh, and they neglected to tell me i was on my own for the radio trim panels, which are on order right now, and probably wont be here until AFTER my radio is installed.... I've been saving money and gathering up my equipment since november, and now i gotta live with a big gap around my radio after all that for a week or so... So disappointing..

hell yea i got that ***** installed, it sounds good... its not as loud as i thaught it would be but its loud... makes my car sound like its falling apart on the outside, but one question, i have an alpine and it has an option where it goes

Sub W +0 and you can change the number up and down to 15, 15 is loudest and 0 is least... what should i set it to? i had it on 15 and just kept the volume to 10 of 35 and it was driveable but when it gets to 20ish i think im just clippin the hell out of it and keep it down

Mines at +13 and the gains are at almost half on the amp. I can get them up to 25 no problem. Just turn your gains down. Better yet, read the setting tutorial and do it yourself.

On alpine decks the sub level should always be on 15. If it is set lower, you wont get your max preout voltage...Sounds to me like that shop improperly set the gains on your amp....Now you need to get yourself a DMM and read the gain setting tutorial, this time set the gains with the Sub Level control at 15. Either that or your could take it back to the shop and get them to reset it.

On alpine decks the sub level should always be on 15. If it is set lower, you wont get your max preout voltage...Sounds to me like that shop improperly set the gains on your amp....Now you need to get yourself a DMM and read the gain setting tutorial, this time set the gains with the Sub Level control at 15. Either that or your could take it back to the shop and get them to reset it.
Is that true about the alpine? Fock...learn something new everyday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im pretty sure the gains are set correctly they said the one guy that does the gains did installations for 17+ years but he does set it by ear not with the o-scope ... and they do offer lifetime guarntee's so if the gains fux up my equipment i can go back and raise hell

the only thing wierd though is they have the amp far back in the trunk and then the box infront of it, like the amps on the ground of the trunk just laying there then the box is infront of it .... you tihnk thats a good idea or they should have mounted it on the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.