Will 2 AGM’s be enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Post #15 of this thread is you LITERALLY saying "I think I'm being fed a bunch of **** to run a Sundown SFB3k "

Are you actually being serious ?

Did you ever wonder why everyone on this entire forums gets along with each other except you ? Right where all the bad guys and your just the victim.......

I've literally told you 4 times that stock electrical with AGM battery is a good starting point (i'm one of the few people that's actually helped you) and literally ALL you have done is make excuses ("uhh my installer wants lithium...... Uhhh i've already bought the battery...... uhhh theses alternators are over $600") and now you have the nerve to come on here and say 1. All I do is talk trash and 2. Randomly in this thread declare "oh stock alt with big battery is a great idea" when literally 3 other users have already told you it's a good idea.......

You don't listen, you create fake narratives, you constantly play the victim card and now your wondering why people are sick of you playing games.......

Unbelieveable :unsure:

This was literally your first post to me about my electrical. Remember? So, get off my Azz already.

20210117_195934.jpg

This was literally your first post to me about my electrical. Remember? So, get off my Azz already.
Wrong. Your thread last week this was literally on the first page

That's especially true with daily setups. If your not competing and just want to be loud then you'd be suprised at how little your actually truely pulling power wise
It's always the same story (cheap re-wound alt that runs hot, produces no where near the claimed amperage, and has awful idle output)
For a daily driver you can simply just turn the gain down and roll with stock alt + aftermarket battery and see where that takes you. If it rattles your entire car and the voltage doesn't look bad then just keep it the way it is.
If it's just for a daily setup then yeah not worth it.

I would do big 3 along with a good battery under the hood and then see if it's to your liking. If it's not loud enough and/or your noticing rapid voltage drops during your music then i'd do an alternator

Yeah sorry Bobby i'm not seeing the confusion. Pop even told you the same thing and you then started ranting about "$600-800 dollar alternators" and "my installer wants lithium, and this is too expensive" then you switched too "stock alt + big battery sounds like a good idea" and now it's "stock alt is pointless because I want to get everything out of my equipment".

You ignore the cheap options, then complain that it's too expensive, then claim stock alt + battery is the best bang for your buck, and now you want to drop the crazy money because you want to see all of it

Dude stop switching narratives and make up your mind. Funny that you play games then get made when people block you or call you out on being flaky. Accountability is key

Last edited:
Wrong. Your thread last week this was literally on the first page

Yeah sorry Bobby i'm not seeing the confusion. Pop even told you the same thing and you then started ranting about "$600-800 dollar alternators" and "my installer wants lithium, and this is too expensive" then you switched too "stock alt + big battery sounds like a good idea" and now it's "stock alt is pointless because I want to get everything out of my equipment".

You ignore the cheap options, then complain that it's too expensive, then claim stock alt + battery is the best bang for your buck, and now you want to drop the crazy money because you want to see all of it

Dude stop switching narratives and make up your mind. Funny that you play games then get made when people block you or call you out on being flaky. Accountability is key

I said stock electrical seems like the way to go after he explained the huge headroom that the OP had with his amps. So, next time I build a system, I will buy amps with more headroom. Then, I won't have to have to make huge electrical upgrades. In my current build, all the equipment is purchased already, so, I need to make quite a few electrical upgrades. If you feel the need to block me, I understand. Like I said, I used to be around negative 250. And, I don't get MADE when people block me. It happens!

I said stock electrical seems like the way to go after he explained the huge headroom that the OP had with his amps.
You have huge headroom. All your amplifiers total over 300 amps which isn't even close to your stock alternator. Full tilt (maximum volume before voltage drop) you'll barely stress the amps

If you feel the need to block me, I understand. Like I said, I used to be around negative 250. And, I don't get MADE when people block me. It happens!
I'm not going to block you, I just want you to listen. Multiple good options have been given to you.

If you don't want to drop all the cash down all at once then do AGM with stock alt and see if your daily usage is stress via monitoring voltage. If your voltage drops too much or if your fine spending the money now to get closer to full tilt then multiple alternator companies that are specifically built for car audio have been presented to you.

You have huge headroom. All your amplifiers total over 300 amps which isn't even close to your stock alternator. Full tilt (maximum volume before voltage drop) you'll barely stress the amps

I'm not going to block you, I just want you to listen. Multiple good options have been given to you.

If you don't want to drop all the cash down all at once then do AGM with stock alt and see if your daily usage is stress via monitoring voltage. If your voltage drops too much or if your fine spending the money now to get closer to full tilt then multiple alternator companies that are specifically built for car audio have been presented to you.

I was getting light dimming with my 900 watt DD amp on two VFL8's. So, I'm guessing that with 4 of the new VFL8's on a Sundown SFB3K that the dimming will be worse. I have a new Super Start Platinum group 65 and the current alternator is a 136a. Down 4 Sound is 10 minutes from my house. I think that they have some alternators in stock.

I was getting light dimming with my 900 watt DD amp on two VFL8's. So, I'm guessing that with 4 of the new VFL8's on a Sundown SFB3K that the dimming will be worse. I have a new Super Start Platinum group 65 and the current alternator is a 136a. Down 4 Sound is 10 minutes from my house. I think that they have some alternators in stock.
You need a proper volt meter. Dimming can be voltage drop but it very well could be something else (weak connection or the factory PCM taking over). You new amp has more headroom + your going to have 2x the cone area so you should get louder off less power even on stock. D4S is afillated with excessive and mechman which are both solid choices

With one SA-12 what you have now is already insanely overkill.

I agree almost completely!! But if you’ve ever heard the TSM800’s in person, they have a pretty solid mid bass thump that compliments the sub very well!
I just need to know from you or shake if it is possible to wire 10 Mids and Tweets with the 2 - HD 3K’s. If yes, I WILL be buying an HO Alt, and upgrading the sub anyway to keep up.

Yeah except you actually listen, don't play the victim card, don't create fake narratives, and respond in clear manner. As a result everything is more clear and more productive
Yessir, this forum kind of reminds me of being in the trades lol...worked with my older brother who instilled a solid work ethic and attitude in me a while ago. Anytime I’m asking for help, I shut up and listen to the journeyman or super intendants and whatever **** is said to me I just take it and move on(most of the time lol)...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.