Will 2 AGM’s be enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
Me again.
So I just bought some speakers and stuff again and wanted to know if a 70ah in the hood & 100ah in the back would suffice?
Here’s what I have and was thinking about using:
Pioneer TSm800 Pro Mids(4ohms): 8
Pioneer B350 Pro(4ohms): 8
Was gonna use a pioneer 1200x4 for the tweeters
And 2 Taramps HD 3000’s for the Mids along with a Taramps Smart 3 for my Sundown SA 12.

Reason I’m asking is because I remember Jeff telling me last year to run 2 HDs for the Mids but never mentioned having to buy a HO Alt or add another battery(at the time I only had 1 100ah). Let me know playas 😎

If your just running a single SA 12 then I wouldn't heavily invest in electrical to be honest (sounds like this is more of a daily setup).

Try stock alt + good battery under the hood and then see how that goes. The good thing about electrical is you can always add if you want to or need too (it's not like subs or headunits where if you buy something that doesn't meet your needs then you basically screwed)

Gonna be close. I would throw it all together and see how your voltage looks.
Yeah typing it out looks like the **** is gonna be impossible LMAOO I figured if Jeff told me to do it without mentioning added electrical maybe there was a reason 😂😂
And thanks for the help and feedback 😎

If your just running a single SA 12 then I wouldn't heavily invest in electrical to be honest (sounds like this is more of a daily setup).

Try stock alt + good battery under the hood and then see how that goes. The good thing about electrical is you can always add if you want to or need too (it's not like subs or headunits where if you buy something that doesn't meet your needs then you basically screwed)

I know you’re probably tired of me asking the same question in different form but just needed specific confirmation from the vets. Good thing is that I actually let me friend have my 100ah for free thinking he was serious about his system(he wasn’t). Gonna get it back, charge it and start buying the amps later next week. As always, thanks for the help and feedback

So, you will be running over 10K on two AGM's and a stock alternator? Just curious
LMAOOO bro doesn’t that sound sketchy and crazy as hell 😂😂😂😂 but if Jeff, Pop, & Shake gave the go I guess I could at least try hahaha.
I also had a couple installers locally tell me I could do the same when I had only 1 North Star 100ah AGM. I’ll see how that voltage looks and probably invest in a HO Alt if I need to and if I need to buy a lithium then so be it. But yes I am going to TRY lol...

So, you will be running over 10K on two AGM's and a stock alternator? Just curious

Also Bobby if it’s any consolation, there’s a guy that lives in the same town as I do with a 17’ accord. This is his set up:
10 - 8” Mids
10- 4” Tweeters
1 - 15” B2 XMV3
2 - HD 3K’s
2 - 400x4’s
1 - MD 5K
All on a Full Throttle FT930-65 which is roughly a 75ah AGM lol....

LMAOOO bro doesn’t that sound sketchy and crazy as hell 😂😂😂😂 but if Jeff, Pop, & Shake gave the go I guess I could at least try hahaha.
I also had a couple installers locally tell me I could do the same when I had only 1 North Star 100ah AGM. I’ll see how that voltage looks and probably invest in a HO Alt if I need to and if I need to buy a lithium then so be it. But yes I am going to TRY lol...

Go for it. I won't even tell you what I'm being told to get for 3,700 watts because you wouldn't believe it. I hope it works for you.

Damn nevermind I read it as your where trying to power a single 12 and some door speakers on a Honda Accord Sedan. Not sure why 10k watts is even feasible or needed (even if your amps added to 10k your going to need less than a fraction of that to get your car loud)

Damn nevermind I read it as your where trying to power a single 12 and some door speakers on a Honda Accord Sedan. Not sure why 10k watts is even feasible or needed (even if your amps added to 10k your going to need less than a fraction of that to get your car loud)

😂😂😂 Nah man, I’m planning on running 8 - 8” Mids, 8- 3.5” tweeters, & the SA 12 again.
I could always just run a single 2K.4 on the Mids like I did last time but just wanted to try 2 dedicated amps for each side. It was loud enough for me the last time but I figure why not try for more lol...

Yeah I’ve read your posts. I had a 2K.4, HD 3K, & 1200.4 on a 100ah with stock Alt before and had no issues...

Also Bobby if it’s any consolation, there’s a guy that lives in the same town as I do with a 17’ accord. This is his set up:
10 - 8” Mids
10- 4” Tweeters
1 - 15” B2 XMV3
2 - HD 3K’s
2 - 400x4’s
1 - MD 5K
All on a Full Throttle FT930-65 which is roughly a 75ah AGM lol....

Ya, I think I'm being fed a bunch of **** to run a Sundown SFB3k and a 750 watt amp for 4-6-½" coaxials and two Pioneer super tweets. Lithium, 350a alt, and big 4. But, let us know if it works out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.