Why is my old amp so much better than my new more powerful /expensive amp.

Can you return the amp to the shop? I'm guessing you'll have to eat the labor charges.... That's why independent Mom and Pop shops get a bad name. See someone like you coming and take complete advantage. Sorry man. I'd return the amp and cut your losses.

Can you return the amp to the shop? I'm guessing you'll have to eat the labor charges.... That's why independent Mom and Pop shops get a bad name. See someone like you coming and take complete advantage. Sorry man. I'd return the amp and cut your losses.
Well I'm guessing they will take it back as it was installed at their shop by their head guy ...who even said after himself the alpine was louder , I'd rather get this amp working tho , since it a nice amp and will be future upgrade ready.

Gonna try things over the weekend and if I can't get it to work by then on Monday will return it.

The alpine was rated at 2 ohms. I'm guessing your new amp does rated at 1. Running at 3 ohms means your getting ~1/3 power.

try this , pull one of the rca's from the amp and see if it gets louder ,i had 2 of these and when i run just 1 rca to it it was waaay louder.dont know why just was .
That means that one of the rcas was wired backwards so when the signals from both rcas were combined, the signal was getting cancelled out

The alpine was rated at 2 ohms. I'm guessing your new amp does rated at 1. Running at 3 ohms means your getting ~1/3 power.
This still would do a lot more power than the alpine , it does 2500 @1 sure but @ 3 its still getting well over 1k and sounds like its getting 300 rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.