Who has used the memhpis 16-mc2000d?

Participant count
  • Participant list

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
Just looking for someone that has used one before , what I'm wondering is anyone ever try it at 10hm? I know it's 2ohm stable and can be modded to be 1ohm stable but memphis said they no longer do that! And they don't recommend me doing it but I figure after box rise I should be well over 2ohms in reality? So anyone else ever do this and if so what was your exp?

so it didn't go protect or get overly hot on you? the reason I'm trying to figure this out is my T1's only allow for 4ohms and 1ohm and at 4 I get exactly1200 rms to the subs but would like more! I figure with box rise I should be well above two ohms final but memphis suggested not to do this but didn't give any reason why?

so it didn't go protect or get overly hot on you? the reason I'm trying to figure this out is my T1's only allow for 4ohms and 1ohm and at 4 I get exactly1200 rms to the subs but would like more! I figure with box rise I should be well above two ohms final but memphis suggested not to do this but didn't give any reason why?
because they dont want you to. its a company. just like sundown. they know their amps are .5 stable but rate them and tell people not to go under 1 to protect themselves incase it does happen to fail. mine did ok. but then again it was on some cheap lanzars.

well with box rise I "think" it will be ok but if I burn my amp I'm going to hear mad sh!+ from my wife due to the fact that I can't leave well enough alone!

well after calling memphis they said as long as I was smart about it and didn't try to pull everything the amp had to offer I would "MOST LIKELY" not run into any issue's other then a drop in efficiency, but I don't plan on even trying to pull the full 2000 watts so I hope it will be okay, but I have got to do something it's just not enough power at 4ohms the t1's sound good but need more then this amp does at 4 ohms. so hopefully this works out well we'll see?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.