Why is my old amp so much better than my new more powerful /expensive amp.

dragonfister
10+ year member

Canada
ok so here is the deal.

Replaced a Alpine 1000 watt @2ohm amp ( mrd 1005) with a Exhile 2500.1

The new amp was installed at a local shop and with 1/0 guage power and grounds, Everything was done right , now here is the problem its a lot weaker than even myy old amp ....

The sub its powering is a 13w7 in a ported box which the alpine made pound very hard , my new amp makes me feel like i have a 8 inch kenwood in a sealed box.

They set my gains and everything , im lost here as its a huge night and day diff between the two.

what could it be? im considering returning the amp since it cost 388 ( door crasher) and installing it was 250 ,basicaly i feel ripped off my 200 dollar ebay amp kills it in every way.

double post

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

what ohm is the sub wired to? im curious to know because they might of not went with the lowest imp

try this , pull one of the rca's from the amp and see if it gets louder ,i had 2 of these and when i run just 1 rca to it it was waaay louder.dont know why just was .

ok so here is the deal.
Replaced a Alpine 1000 watt @2ohm amp ( mrd 1005) with a Exhile 2500.1

The new amp was installed at a local shop and with 1/0 guage power and grounds, Everything was done right , now here is the problem its a lot weaker than even myy old amp ....

The sub its powering is a 13w7 in a ported box which the alpine made pound very hard , my new amp makes me feel like i have a 8 inch kenwood in a sealed box.

They set my gains and everything , im lost here as its a huge night and day diff between the two.

what could it be? im considering returning the amp since it cost 388 ( door crasher) and installing it was 250 ,basicaly i feel ripped off my 200 dollar ebay amp kills it in every way.
WTF would make you pay 250 bucks for an amp install? Jeezus! Did they at least ask if you wanted sand or broken glass before they stuck it in?

WTF would make you pay 250 bucks for an amp install? Jeezus! Did they at least ask if you wanted sand or broken glass before they stuck it in?
It took like 3 and a half hours plus parts that's life if you cannot install , ya I do feel raped

double post 

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

what ohm is the sub wired to? im curious to know because they might of not went with the lowest imp
It should be wired to 3 ohms

I wonder if they wired it to 6 ohms that would explain a lot of my power issues.

why is there 2 threads for this ????
One timed out and I didnt think it posted sorry

I'll delete the 1st or mod please kill it

As or the gain they set it untill the clip light went on then backed off a bit, it should be 3 ohms and around 1200-1300 rms it sounds like its getting 200 watts tho

i know ,just playing do what i said in the earlier post ,i had 2 of these amps so i know them well.and yes they do rated ,pull one rca out ,it should get louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.