Why do so many people think speakers PUSH watts

the simple answer to this question is, they don't have access to a wonderful site like CA.com to get their daily dose of information to educate them to a higher level. Instead, they take their car to the local "can't be trusted" car install shop and pay the money and never learn. Either that or they it do it the ghetto way, like try to wire 2 subs to the head unit! LOL.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

I went to the local ghetto car audio shop this past weekend to pick up some 4 ga. ring terminals, and some ghetto person came in and was inquiring about getting some 12s... the shop owner said he would sell him 2 12's, box, amp, and install for $350... he made no mention or did not ask the customer about what vehicle he had, what brand of gear he may have wanted or anything at all... All the boxes in the store were prefab Q-power boxes, and his selection of equipment was very limited as well. I saw Kicker, Q-power, and another one or two brands of subs, and his amps were only Kicker, autotek, and something else that wasn't all that great. I'm sure this guy is making money hand over fist selling these people stuff that isn't anywhere near what he is selling it for. The largest power wire I saw in there was some kicker 4 gauge, so I'm guessing they don't do anything larger, unless the big wire is in the install bay... but I would never ever let them install anytihng in my car, I can't imagine how ghetto rigged it could end up. I can also imagine some of the conversations that take place in that shop... I think if I stayed in there for a while I may end up getting some really good laughs.

Yep, whenever a car audio conversation is going on near me and someone asks whats in the saturn I jut say 'enough' and try not to get involved in the convo because of how much stupid crap i'd have to correct them on..

Yep, whenever a car audio conversation is going on near me and someone asks whats in the saturn I jut say 'enough' and try not to get involved in the convo because of how much stupid crap i'd have to correct them on..
what's in your saturn?

my problem is people who think they know everything trying to correct me

It is mainly the ghetto community... But I have heard a few others as well. Litterally almost every ghetto person I get that comes in goes man how many watts do those speakers push...... Push?..... yeah like how loud that be because the more watts a speaker has the louder it is.... Sometimes I blow them off sometimes I explain speakers don't push whats. It isn't like the HP on your engine( perhaps where they got if from lol lol) it is a capacity which typically isn't rated correctly. It is more like engine size rather than engine HP. most say AHHHH.... But I ain't kidding almost EVERY ghetto person that comes in says push watts..... GRRRR it is annoying. That is why most ghetto people have pyle and pyramid ... I try to get them to get a Type R 12 that is underrated at 500 watts and they go no i don't want that junk. That pyle 1600 watt sub over there is way louder blah blah lol
Well, at least you're not judgmental. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

My "ghetto" sled ***** watts cuz it's aktiv.

Just a ten and a 100 watt amp...not much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
a capacitor would make it louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

also, put your system in the back seat.

a capacitor would make it louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gifalso, put your system in the back seat.
Oh yea, forgot to mention the 3 farad capacitor and the ten is sitting in the passenger seat for maximum dbzzz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif...but my 6x9's hit really hard too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.