How Many Woofers can I add? -- Noob Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jerryyy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello All! -- Firstly, thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time out of their day to respond and fill me in. I am a noobie when it comes to car audio. I pretty much went to my local Car Audio shop with the highest rating, and told them "Give me the best you got" for my $1,000 to 3,000 budget at the time. -- I Love Music, so I was willing to spend any and all amounts of money to get a superior sound system.

This is what I currently have installed, and am loving it:
TWO 12" Inch Q-Class L7 Subwoofers (Kicker) in the trunk.
Rockford Fosgate T-Series Speakers (T1675)
Rockford Fosgate T1 Power Speakers
Kenwood "Excelon" XR1001-1
Kenwood "Excelon" x301-4
Audio Control LC7i

This is all installed and has been working beautifully for the past 6 months.

I recently opened up my trunk, and noticed that the two STOCK, ORIGINAL subwoofer speakers are still there, but they are simply disconnected and aren't vibrating or on at all.
Which, in my mind, makes sense. -- I have the two 12 inches doing the work of the Subwoofer, so why would I have the small two factory woofers working at all.

But then I came to a question. -- I just have them, laying there.

Here comes my question:

Could I theoretically detach the old woofers from the trunk (stock location), and fit them one on each door?

That way... I have the Two 12 Inch Kickers in the trunk, and then one woofer each on the door as an extra bass?

If you guys say YES, BUT it will cost money to make it fit and custom-fit it, -- I am willing to pay for the labor of getting it done.

Perhaps this is the world's stupidest decision, and SOME electrical, or even basic-level thinking Audio "system" simply doesn't allow this, and I am simply going crazy.

Or maybe they will not sound good at all?

Please provide any input!! - Thank you.

Jerry
2022 Ford Mustang HPP

Im not sure you'd really gain much powering up the stock subs or moving them to the doors...to even get a good low midbass response from a door requires a good treatment and install...

I personally would not waste my time putting OEM subwoofers in the doors. Could probably make them work if truly determined, but I don’t see much gain from those at all and likely not the best speakers to repurpose for that application.

Perhaps some well installed aftermarket mid bass drivers up front could be beneficial in well treated doors as mentioned, or pods or kick panel install when possible, though that is different than small subwoofers.

Others can chime in with their thoughts, just adding that I would not bother with the old factory subs. That’s purely my opinion of course.

And welcome to the forum, plenty of knowledgeable members on here that will add their thoughts.

I wouldnt waste the time or money on OEM speakers to be placed back into any vehicle unless you plan to sale the vehicle and remove the after market gear. I like to use them to screw to the garage wall and keep readily available tools for quick access, and use for holding bolts and nuts /ect while working on a vehicle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...