So many sub options... help

Participant count
  • Participant list

K5BEAST

CarAudio.com Newbie
Earth
Smoked my 10" kicker comp sub. Guess that 1000watt so was too much for it. Need a better one.

Conditions:

1000 watt or more RMS
Budget under $300
10 or 12 inch
Designed for a 1.75 cu in (or close to) ported box.
Freq response in the 20's

Recommendations? Options are overwhelming.

I listen to whatever. Mostly hard rock, metal, electronic, sci fi, trance. Not much rap or hip hop but some.

Smoked my 10" kicker comp sub. Guess that 1000watt so was too much for it. Need a better one.

Conditions:

1000 watt or more RMS
Budget under $300
10 or 12 inch
Designed for a 1.75 cu in (or close to) ported box.
Freq response in the 20's

Recommendations? Options are overwhelming.

I listen to whatever. Mostly hard rock, metal, electronic, sci fi, trance. Not much rap or hip hop but some.
What amp are you using?

Is your Amplifier 1ohm ,2ohm or 4 ohm stable?

Amp is currently 4ohm stable. Willing to replace it. Thinking DVC sub at 2ohm. Try it at 4 ohm and if I don't like it I'll replace the amp with a 1ohm stable.

Looking at American Bass XR-12D2

opinions? Diff between the XR and the XFL series?

Amp is currently 4ohm stable. Willing to replace it. Thinking DVC sub at 2ohm. Try it at 4 ohm and if I don't like it I'll replace the amp with a 1ohm stable.

Looking at American Bass XR-12D2

opinions? Diff between the XR and the XFL series?
Both Subs are a great choices for the money within the power range, and quite budget friendly. XR series will bottom out on some real low notes but is an over all great sub. XFL is more of an SPL type sub,and will require some power to move it and a bit larger tuned enclosure.

Thinking gong with the with American Bass xr-12D2 and pair it with Skar RP-1500.1D amp. Thoughts from the experts? Unless someone can point me to a better amp at the same price.....

I know the amp is a little underpowered for the sub but I'm the type of guy that will turn it up all the way just to see if it can handle it. Tired of blowing speakers/subs.

Thinking gong with the with American Bass xr-12D2 and pair it with Skar RP-1500.1D amp. Thoughts from the experts? Unless someone can point me to a better amp at the same price.....

I know the amp is a little underpowered for the sub but I'm the type of guy that will turn it up all the way just to see if it can handle it. Tired of blowing speakers/subs.

Personally I wouldn't touch the skar amps.

The JP23 and that xr12d2 would give you plenty of power and some headroom but you would need a ho alt and likely a decent batter near the amp.

As far as blowing subs that's a user error in setting the gains and subsonic or building boxes

This is a little more money but well worth it from looking at the reviews. And it's Korean.

Screenshot_20221013-163903_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...