How Many Subs For Space In Trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drizzy0802

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am able to fit a 32 x 15 x 18 box in my car. I would like to build a custom ported enclosure. I am going to run either a sundown 1500 watt sub or 2 750 watt ones. I know that cone area significantly increases sound but also iI would have to make a larger port cutting down on my usable cubic feet or increase my tuning hz. I would like it tuned at around 32 hz. any recommendations on what I should do?

I am able to fit a 32 x 15 x 18 box in my car.
Are you 100% certain that you can fit this through the opening if you build it outside the trunk or do you intend to build it in your car?

Consider also that you will generally want at least 1 port width of space free from obstructions and also if you build something too tight and fire stuff to the rear you can often run into trouble with the sound just not having enough room to travel up around the box and through into the cabin.

Honestly I'd suggest if you care to get loud trade your car for literally anything besides a sedan or single cap pickup. Otherwise do consider you probably do not have as much space as you think you have. You will likely get the same or better results with a smaller box and less subs than cramming as tight as you can, or at least that has been my experience in the past.

With half inch MDF, it's like 4.27cu/ft internally not including sub and port displacement. That's like 3.5 to 3.8cu/ft after displacement.

You may be able to do one low qts 15 that can take 2000watts. Small ported box = need more power......hoffmans iron law...😑

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...